My files will not open after downloading onto my windows 10 laptop?
Kareneileen
Enthusiast - Level 1

My files will not open after downloading onto my windows 10 laptop?  I need my pictures and I can't view them on my android, they keep jumping!  Anyone know what I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My files will not open after downloading onto my windows 10 laptop?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, Kareneileen. It's important to be able to view your pictures, both on your computer and on your device. How long have they been acting up on your device? What kind of phone is it that you are using? Walk me through the steps that you take to view them on your device, and what exactly happens.

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kareneileen
Enthusiast - Level 1

First, I'll say I have a lot of pictures, primarily because I could never get them downloaded.  And it was the local store that uploaded them each time my phone needed to be swapped out for warranty.  I need several specific photos from December, January and July.  I also have a new laptop.   I tried just searching for the pictures outright with my galaxy6 android but it kept jumping, constantly!  I tried to download them all onto my pc but it kept failing.  Then I figured out how to just do the months I wanted and it worked until I tried to open the file.  I got an error message each time.20160722_144344.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kareneileen, I know how important it is to keep track of your important documents and files. The best way to transfer your information os to do a Verizon CLoud backup on your phone. Then download the Verizon Cloud desktop app here > http://vz.to/1UwUOMO

This way the files will be on your desktop and can be saved directly.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Not sure what you mean you can't view them on your android because they keep jumping. If you need just several specific pictures from individual months, why not go into the timeline view and just download those specific photos.  First try it individually by just downloading the individual files.  If that works, then try 3 photos.

0 Likes
Kareneileen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've done that but how do I get them off my cloud? I have too many to do

one by one.

On Jul 24, 2016 3:00 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

What worked/didn't work Kareneileen?

In general, when we run into problems, troubleshooting becomes a trial and error process unless you've seen that exact same problem before.  Downloading content has several variables that could cause it: are you downloading too many for the OS to handle, does it work across months, do the files or folders have any odd characters in the names, is the download process so long that you are getting dropped 'bits' that causes file corruption (unlikely but a possiblilty).

When you downloaded the 3 files, did that work?  If it did, try downloading an entire month.  If that works, then try several months.  There is something in the data that is causing the process to break down and you need to isolate what that breaking point.

It's also unclear what you're trying to do.  If you want to get everything off the cloud, it's possible the zip file that gets created is too big for Windows to handle so the only way I know of getting around that is to use the cloud desktop app and use the restore function.  You should be able to download everything that way since it looks like it's downloading individual files.  You should know that if you have a lot of photos of very high resolution, it will take some time (as in many, many hours) to download everything. 

But if you are downloading several specific files like you mentioned, then downloading individually or a handful should still work.

0 Likes
Kareneileen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will try this, thank you!

0 Likes