Is there a way to restore previous contacts if a cloud sync deleted them?
Viziroth
Enthusiast - Level 1

All my contacts just got deleted, and my cloud account is only showing 3! I lost hundreds of contacts! I needed some of them for work and about an hour ago they all just disappeared. Now my google account only shows 3 contacts, my cloud account only shows 3 contacts, all my backup accounts have synced and now only list 3 contacts. Is there anyway to do a restore? They were on the cloud yesterday, and for some reason today they're just gone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to restore previous contacts if a cloud sync deleted them?
Viziroth
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to fix the issue by disabling the cloud app, re-enabling it, and going through the first time set up process all over again after restoring the contacts from the trash on the website.

The contacts would NOT resync after restoring them from the trash on the website alone. Even forcing multiple manual syncs on the phone only showed 3 contacts. Only after disabling the app and re-enabling it did it actually restore my contacts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of being able to obtain deleted contacts, especially when they're for work. Let's take a closer look. For us to fully assist, respond to the private message. 

Corey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Viziroth
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to fix the issue by disabling the cloud app, re-enabling it, and going through the first time set up process all over again after restoring the contacts from the trash on the website.

The contacts would NOT resync after restoring them from the trash on the website alone. Even forcing multiple manual syncs on the phone only showed 3 contacts. Only after disabling the app and re-enabling it did it actually restore my contacts.

0 Likes