Is there a complete tutorial on how to use the Verizon cloud on my PC?
bjoates52
Enthusiast - Level 1

My cloud had a lot of duplication of photos, i did figure out it was because I had the same photos in multiple folders on my laptop.

I cleaned up my laptop, deleted all photos from my cloud hoping this would help but now it does not seem to have all my photos. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there a complete tutorial on how to use the Verizon cloud on my PC?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bjoates52,

We definitely want you to be able to manage your backed up data easily and we have many resources to help you along the way. Take a look at our Cloud support page and find your operating system to get started http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud/

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

bjoates52, the way the pc backup seems to work is it looks at your pc in the folders you told it to back up and puts that content into the cloud.

If you delete the content from the cloud but not the PC, the app will put it back into the cloud. 

If you delete the content from the cloud AND the PC backup folder, it will not put it back up in the cloud.

The PC app will not remove content from the cloud unless you used the Verizon Cloud Sync feature they introduced with the last version.  That seems to be a folder on your PC that automatically copies itself to the cloud.  If you put something in that folder, it will go into your cloud.  If you remove something from that folder it will remove it from the cloud

Does this help explain what you're seeing?

0 Likes
bjoates52
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi NJMagic-1 above you stated: If you delete the content from the cloud but not the PC, the app will put it back into the cloud.

I did delete my entire cloud, but not my PC to try to start over.  I have approximately 3,000 photos in my pictures folder that I need to backup.  It has been over a couple of weeks and when I look at the cloud, it appears to have copied all the folders to separate albums as I expected, however, on my PC my first folder has 1,155 pictures, but so far only 355 pictures are in that folder on the cloud  Similar shortages are in the remaining 13 albums.  

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

That's odd bjoates52.   Is your cloud full?  If not, I'd send a email to VerizonCloud@VerizonWireless.com and see if they have any suggestions.

0 Likes
bjoates52
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks I will

0 Likes