I am not able to log into Verizon Cloud app on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Device Samsung Galaxy S2 SM-T817V

Android Version 5.1.1

Cloud Version 14.3.38

I am not able to log into Verizon Cloud app on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I have the tablet registered and I can get to the Cloud from Chrome on the Tab, but if I try to login to the Cloud app I get the "Mobile Number Changed" message and it says to do a "factory data reset" I have tried clearing the cloud application data and cache, and still get the same message. What should I try next?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am not able to log into Verizon Cloud app on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got a response from Verizon Cloud develpment. They suggesting logging into the Cloud with the tablet's phone number instead of the user ID and it worked!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adamsocb1, we want you to be able to retrieve your information from the cloud when you need to. Let’s get this fixed so you can start enjoy the stellar services. When did this start? Was there any mobile number change? Is the Samsung Tab 2 showing the correct phone number? Settings>About Tablet>Status.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got the tablet from a Verizon store on 12/26/15; I have never been able to login to the cloud app; there was no number change on this device; and the number in status is correct. From what I see in the support forums here, this is a problem at least two other users have experienced. One on an Ellipsis and one on a Samsung.

0 Likes
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Additional information:

I did the "factory data reset" and it still has the same problem. It seems VZW Cloud has a problem with this hardware-software version combination. I also tried to install VZW Cloud for Tablets and it will not install.

Please report this issue to your tech staff and let me know when you have an answer or solution.

0 Likes
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still no response.

So has VZW Support given up on this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adamsocb1,

Sorry for the delay, rest assured, help is here to help get your cloud up and running on your new tablet.

Describe what happens when you are trying to sign in. Is this happening over the celleular network or over WiFi?

KaVZW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Re: I am not able to log into Verizon Cloud app on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
adamsocb
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to log into the cloud app on the tablet I get a small box with the moving circle and the word "Login" then the following pop-up dialog box appears:

Mobile Number Changed

The mobile number for this phone has changed to 909-285-6926.

Before you set up Verizon Cloud, any content on this phone that doesn't belong to you should be removed. We recommend you go to Settings and "factory data reset" the phone.

This will erase everything on the phone and make sure that someone else's content doesn't get into your Cloud account.

When the phone restarts, you'll be able to set up your Cloud account and restore any of your saved content.

OK

When I then tap "OK" one of two things happens:

1) A message flashes very briefly on the screen, it is so short I can't read the whole message. It starts out "Unfortunately we can't..." then it goes back to the home screen.

2) The screen flashes white then returns to the red Verizon Cloud App login screen.

Same behavior on both LTE and WiFi. I have tried clearing the Cloud App data and cache from the App Manager in settings, then restarting, I have also tried the "factory data reset" same behavior after both.

The cloud is registered to this tablet's number (verified in settings and on My Verizon) and I can get to it from both my PC and by logging into it through Chrome on the tablet.

0 Likes
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got a response from Verizon Cloud develpment. They suggesting logging into the Cloud with the tablet's phone number instead of the user ID and it worked!

0 Likes