Re: How to stop Verizon spam notifications
richs007
Verizon Employee

If you found the notifications in your device's notifications settings the you are blocking  ALL cloud notifications which is why it said cloud.

You can turn off the Cloud related in app notications by going to the Cloud app, go to Settings, go to Notifications Manager and switch off Prints & Gifts to stop the photo sale offers.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

No need to turn off all cloud notifications, you have more control now by selectively filtering the in app notifications  by going to the Cloud app, go to Settings, go to Notifications Manager and switch off the notifications you aren't interested in.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Photo blankets and mugs are actually popular items but if you aren't interested in receiving notifications about offers from our photo printing feature, simply go into the Cloud app, go to Settings, go to Notifications Manager and switch off Prints & Gifts to stop the photo sale offers.

0 Likes
edfitzy77

There is no "Notification Manager" in my Verizon Cloud settings. It is the latest version and yes I already attempted blocking these inane spams from my phone's app manager, they still arrive annoyingly every day. You claim photo blankets are a popular item but I guarantee that less than one in 50, 000 customers buys one. The other 49, 999 of us are just annoyed we can't turn off your stupid Verizon spam. So my good people the solution is to uninstall the clunky Verizon Cloud, which looks like it was a collaboration between a community college advertising major and a 5 year old, and use Googles much more elegant backup services.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Hmmmm, that's really odd.  I just upgraded my Verizon Cloud app to 19.6.7 to make sure I had the latest and it's still there in the Cloud app settings ( you have to open the cloud app, tap the menu icon on the top left and tap settings) under the Manage Storage option.

There you can control all kinds of cloud app  notifications,  including the Prints & Gifts notifications that you were most concerned with.

0 Likes
BESTAM17
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can turn off the Cloud related in app notications by going to the Cloud app, go to Settings, go to Notifications Manager and switch off Prints & Gifts to stop the photo sale offers.

But there is no Notifications Manager in settings, I have SG S9.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

This is what you should see in the cloud app.  If you're seeing anything else, send a screenshot along with your mobile number and Verizon Cloud app version to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] for the developers to investigate further.

Settings screen in Verizon Cloud appSettings screen in Verizon Cloud app

0 Likes
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello.

There is no need to uninstall the app to stop Notificaions.  In the Settings Page of the Cloud App you will see a category for "Notification Manager".  Open this and you will have a variety of options to stop receiving notificaitons and other alerts that are cloud related.
You may also open the Device App Manager, and in the Cloud Section, tap on 'Notifications' (android 8.0+).
Note: While this will stop the device tray notificaiotns and App Badge, if will not then also remove teh feature related to it (ie: Flashbacks Tab, Stories Tab, Message Center).

Hope this was helpful.

0 Likes
HisLordship

I see no "notifications manager" as you direct.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

hmmm, that's odd.  What version of Verizon Cloud app do you have?

When I go to the cloud app, I tap the 3 horizontal lines in upper left, I then tap the gear icon, it's there, right below Manage Storage

Capture.PNG

0 Likes