How to stop Verizon spam notifications
bcollins281
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting notifications for some spammy photo printing service from verizon cloud. How do I turn off these notifications while still receiving notifications for when I run out of space? Other answers by verizon say that it is a new feature and they havent had time to give the option to disable the spammy notifications on the app.  That was a lie. We all know it. You know it.

But now it's been almost a year and verizon still hasn't done anything. Now it is neglect. Or just hatred or being unconcerned about bothering millions of your customers.

How do I disable this unnecessary photo printing notification????????

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to stop Verizon spam notifications
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello.

There is no need to uninstall the app to stop Notificaions.  In the Settings Page of the Cloud App you will see a category for "Notification Manager".  Open this and you will have a variety of options to stop receiving notificaitons and other alerts that are cloud related.
You may also open the Device App Manager, and in the Cloud Section, tap on 'Notifications' (android 8.0+).
Note: While this will stop the device tray notificaiotns and App Badge, if will not then also remove teh feature related to it (ie: Flashbacks Tab, Stories Tab, Message Center).

Hope this was helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to only get notifications that you want, bcollins281. We are here to help review those alerts. The only way to stop those notifications is to un-enroll from Verizon Cloud. The alerts to offering the photo printing service is part of the Cloud service.

We apologize, but at this time there is no way to stop those notifications when still wanting to use the Verizon Cloud service.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tech40
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is unacceptable!

I've been a VZW customer for many years. Now your telling me that I can NOT utilize the cloud backup service that is included with my plan without receiving these spam messages??

I dont think so. I will disable the Verizon Cloud service for good and solely use another backup app.

And when I am ready to upgrade my cell phone and wireless plan, I will be moving to another carrier/provider that does not force spam on thier customers in order to use thier cloud backup service.

BG

RUSSIM29
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree that this is completely unacceptable.  I don't pay Verizon to spam me. I did not receive these messages until I got a new phone last month. Explain that one... And then give us the option to opt of your ridiculous spam.

HEARTSAREOPENING
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to settings

then to applications

then to application manager

then to cloud

then to notifications

then turn notifications off

DISTRACTABLE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Verizon.  This is a stupid answer.

So my only options are to uninstall the App or disable all notifications.  The former means I can't use the service.  The latter means I don't get useful information.

I AM NOT PAYING YOU $240 PER MONTH TO SHOVE YOUR INANE JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE ADS DOWN MY THROAT.  PLEASE IMAGINE SOME VERY SELECT CURSE WORDS WRITTEN HERE.

Did I already say this is a stupid answer?

cake4zizek
Enthusiast - Level 1

Chill. Like the other person said. Go to Settings > Notifications > Find the app named 'Cloud' and disable notificationg.

richs007
Verizon Employee

Just an update.

The google notification setting will impact all notifications from the cloud app.  We added a feature now that you can select what type of cloud application notifications you want to receive.

If you have a current version of the Cloud app, you can open the Cloud app, go to Settings, go to Notifications manager and select which type of notifications you wish to stop receiving.

CD6
Enthusiast - Level 1

There's still no way to filter these out??? I don't want a Photo Blanket - nobody does.

CD6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found the disable. Strange that the notification is "Cloud" and not something more specific like "Marketing".