How to retrieve missing Message+ messages after restore to new device?
Chris-Kan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had to have my phone replaced due to hardware issues. Before switching phones, I backed up all my messages and cal logs to the  Verizon Cloud then restored everything onto the new device.

It's been about three weeks since and have just noticed that my messages don't start from the first message I received from many of my contacts. In one case, about five of the initial messages I had are missing but everything after was restored. I did not manually delete any of the messages.

Is there possibly any way I can retrieve these messages? My cloud has been automatically backing u daily since I started using the new device and

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to retrieve missing Message+ messages after restore to new device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have your messages, Chris-Kan. Do the missing messages happen to show up when you look at them on your MyVerizon?
TimothyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Chris-Kan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello.

No. I can't view my messages on MyVerizon but when I try to view them from Coud, it directs to Messenger+ which is where ll my messages are  on my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you still have your previous device? If so, are you able to see all the messages on your old device?
NoahS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Chris-Kan
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. I mailed the device back a few days after receiving the new one. I had all the messages including the very first few that are now missing on the old device. I had viewed them the week before I got the replacement device.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to help you get those messages back. Do you have Messages+ downloaded on your replacement device?

DeannaL_VZW

0 Likes