How to delete content from old devices
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

Checking "my content" in Verizon cloud, I see massive content from old devices and devices I no longer want to backup.   How do I get rid of these - there appears no convenient selection method in the "manage content" web page.

I

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to delete content from old devices
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to verizonwireless.com - then MyVerizon, My Devices, and finally, My Cloud Media & Contacts.

And they've changed the layout again, :::sigh:::.  Here's a screenshot of how to select ALL for photos, and then delete.  If you hover over the carious icons you will get a pop up that tells you what the button is for...

Verizon Cloud.png

For the other areas, the process is similar.  If you are not seeing this, then post back with what you DO see and we can go from there.

0 Likes
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem with this is that there's a huge amount of content.  What I want is to just select the device and delete all rather than waiting for the website to go through thousands of items. If I go through settings, and Manage Contest here's what I get::

and there's no way to just pick a device and delete it.  If I pick the device, I have to wait for the website to enumerate all the stuff, then when I select all, have to wait for another round of enumeration, and if I'm still awake or interested, then I can delete.  There's gotta be a better way (note to Verizon - READ THIS)

0 Likes
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need to apologize, going through this interface, i.e. settings -> manage my content, when I pick a device, the enumeration is pretty quick, then I pick multi select, then click the now open device and I can delete it quickly.  Sure would be nice if there was some way to do this from the top list, but at least this method is not horrible.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad you found a workable solution.  Funny, when I go into the cloud now, I get nothing - just blank pages.  No error, just ... nothing.  It was working when I did the screenshot a couple of hours ago.  I was going to check and see what MY cloud had and what old devices may still be listed.  But right now I can't seem to access anything.

0 Likes