How do I sync Google contacts with Verizon Cloud for the Message+ computer app?
jeremyg87

Hi! How do I get my Google contacts into Verizon Cloud so they will sync and show up in Message+ on my computer? Right now the Message+ desktop app only shows phone numbers with no names or photos. When I open the Verizon Cloud app on my phone and select Contacts, I only see the five # shortcuts (photo below). Is there a way for Verizon Cloud to recognize anything besides the phone internal memory contacts OR import Google contacts into the phone without creating unsynced duplicates? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note for running Android 5.0.1 and I am using the desktop version of Message+ on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.10.3. Thanks for the help!

Screenshot_2015-05-24-16-11-43.png

-Jeremy

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to sync Google contacts with Verizon Cloud for Message+ computer app?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Using your computer export the Google contacts and import them into Verizon Messages via your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Using your computer export the Google contacts and import them into Verizon Messages via your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

WCM2013
Enthusiast - Level 3

That will not sync contacts.  It will simply import contacts as of a point in time.  You would then have to clear and import your contacts every time you make a change in Google.

nathanm
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the million $$$ question.  Message+ is useless unless I know who is contacting me.  Remember when we all got android phones and were told to use google for everything.  Well guess where all my contact are saved also.  How can I just get my contact that are in my phone to go to the cloud so they show up on my desktop.

0 Likes
AlwayzSonny

nathanm, jeremyg87 or WCM2013

Did any of you ever get this figured out?

I would like to do the same thing. I do not use backup assistant (and don't want to). All my contacts are in Google (my gmail account) and would like to SYNC them with Verizon so that I can have the contacts in the Message+ desktop app for windows. And I don't want to do anything that would possibly create duplicates of everything (had that happen before and it was a real mess)

Can ANYONE provide a solution?

Thank you,

Sonny

0 Likes
WCM2013
Enthusiast - Level 3

The best I got was that they are "working on" having sync capabilities.  You can upload to Verizon contacts, but any changes to Gmail (or whatever) will not update Verizon.

The best I have been able to do is periodically delete all my Verizon contacts and re-upload my Google contacts.

AlwayzSonny

Thanks WCM2013 !

I, personally, have started using Pushbullet for Verizon Messaging on my PC, and I am loving it.

I highly recommend it, if you are looking for a similar solution.

Thanks again for your reply,

Sonny

0 Likes
aaronkempf

I show that the program IFTTT can do a sync from Verizon Cloud / Contacts to Gmail.  I have not tested it yet, to see if it is a bi-directional sync or just one-way.

IFTTT is an abbreviation for 'If This Than That'.  It allows you to automate a TON of interesting things that can save you a ton of time!

https://ifttt.com/applets/kmCKb6XN-synchronize-your-verizon-cloud-contacts-to-google-contacts

0 Likes