How do I stop ad messages on my cloud account?
dwright99

I constantly get messages on my phone from Fuji Film and Verizon Cloud.  How do I stop these?  I've called support twice and asked that all messages from cloud service be turned off, but I still get them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I stop ad messages on my cloud account?
richs007
Verizon Employee

This controlled by the Cloud app's notification settings.  The app settings need to be turned off for Cloud. For example,  on Android devices with the latest OS,

1. Go to Settings > Notification
  2. Scroll to Cloud
  3. Tap the toggle for Cloud, which will stop notifications from this app

On some Android devices, you can 'long press', that is tap and hold, the notification you get to quickly open the App Notification panel for that app and then toggle the Allow Notification off.

iOS devices have a similar setting.  Each OS and version might be slightly different.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dwright99, we would be more than happy to help get this resolved. We would never want you to be bothered by unwanted messages. Let's work together to get this resolved. What's the make/model of your phone? Can you tell us how you're using your phone when these messages show up? Where exactly do you see the messages on the phone? For example, are they pop-ups, notifications, text messages, etc.

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JERLIB85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. STOP the Verizon Cloud sales messages!!!!  How can we opt out of them!!!

deloused
Master - Level 3

You can opt out of Verizon’s 'relevant mobile advertising features' at www.VZW.com/privacy

And make sure to de-enroll in the Verizon Selects/Up programs to prevent ads also

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

These notifications are being generated by the app.  You would need to go into the device's settings, look for the Notifications menu, look for Cloud and turn off cloud notifications.

0 Likes
PJT008

richs_vzw:  www.VZW.com/privacy is actually just a statement of Verizon "privacy" policy, there are no user actions that can be taken there.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

This controlled by the Cloud app's notification settings.  The app settings need to be turned off for Cloud. For example,  on Android devices with the latest OS,

1. Go to Settings > Notification
  2. Scroll to Cloud
  3. Tap the toggle for Cloud, which will stop notifications from this app

On some Android devices, you can 'long press', that is tap and hold, the notification you get to quickly open the App Notification panel for that app and then toggle the Allow Notification off.

iOS devices have a similar setting.  Each OS and version might be slightly different.

DPearman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turning off notifications for Cloud DOES NOT STOP THIS!!! Verizon you are violating your own privacy policy

JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Device Tray Notifications, App Badges, and the Message Center all separate items, but in the same panel.  Here's a bit more information on them:

Premium Users can open the Cloud and see "Notification Manager", where they can toggle the device tray alerts as well as if they want an App Badge to appear as a visual alert to the new notification.  Thsi will not stop Flashbacks from being created in the Cloud App, for example, but it will stop the device tray alert of that Flashback.

Contacts Only users (Free Cloud Version) will need to use the Device Notifications section in the Device itself, to effect these changes.

Similar, Message Center messages themselves can not be stopped, but you can turn off the App Badge and any Device Tray Alert for it.  The Message Center numerical counter, seen at the top of the Hamburger Menu (Main Navigation Menu), will still increment, but that will be all you see of it.  Despite popular belief and recent examples, the Message Center does/will actually contain App Information, educational material, and special notices we need the App Users to see.

And yes, it also includes special offers.

0 Likes