Downloaded media to zip-file, Windows wont' open
tracey17

I downloaded a zip-file from the cloud of all my pictures, now Windows is unable to open the file- it says file not valid.  I already deleted the pictures off the cloud.  HELP!!!  Why won't Windows open the zip file??  Is there any way to restore my pictures to the cloud??

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Downloaded media to zip-file, Windows wont' open
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How many pictures were zipped in the one zip file?  Larege numbers (over 200-300) in one file generally cause issues; I do my downloads in chucks if there are more than a couple hundred.  AND, I verify that I can see the photos and access them before I delete anything. 

What are you using to try and open the zip file?  You can try downloading a few different unzipping programs and see if one of them is able to open the file.

0 Likes
ROBHUB75

This is still a problem.  Why is Verizon not responding

0 Likes
ROBHUB75

I have over 10k saved pics.  So of I want to back up the pics off the cloud I need to download 300 at a time.  That's not acceptable....

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It generally works better, and more consistently, by downloading smaller chunks.  Tedious and time-consuming?  Yes, and a major reason why I no longer use Verizon cloud for photo backup.  Google and One Drive work way better for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBHUB75 -

Having your photos back is definitely a priority for us. I certainly would not want you to lose your content. You can check deleted files here: http://vz.to/2o8d75L. These steps would be completed from a computer.

To ensure you get the best support for your zip file, I recommend reaching out to Microsoft directly, as they can help you troubleshoot the zip file for your model computer/operating system: http://bit.ly/2ofdrjs

What kind of device do you have? I can understand that using the Cloud for 10k photos could be time consuming. I'd love to explore additional options to help you out.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes