Contacts sync problem
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

We have 2 S5's that did not sync contacts as they did for the first several months we had them.  The phone Contacts and Cloud app were identical, but logging into cloud from computer, contacts did/do not match.  Just contacts, pictures sync up perfectly.

On my phone, I emptied the Trash online, now that phone syncs all data including contacts. That's the did part of the did/do.

My wife's phone still does not sync phone cloud to computer cloud even after I emptied her Trash bin.  Her phone was modified by one of her employers to have access to her work mail, messages and contacts (if this has any bearing).  Now, there is only one account visible in Settings, Cloud; I deleted the Google account.

Without storing contacts in Google, how can I fix her phone?  Should I try to restore to factory settings?  How do I do this?  Will this take the phone back to its original state?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts sync problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oscar,I can se the perplexity of this issue. The phones are the same and one having the problem. Let's get this fixed for you guys. I was going to advise that if you were to do the factory reset on the device to please make sure that the Cloud has been backed up and saved so that you will not loose your information. Once reset, start the Cloud download again to see if the contacts will sync up on the device.

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

Settings>Backup and reset>Factory data reset

Once I got the phone up and running, had to pull the battery as the reset hung up, the pictures reloaded and they matched the cloud on my computer.  Tried syncing from the computer to no apparent avail.  It took several minutes, but the contacts, all 602, were restored apparently without my intervention.

They were exactly the same as when I initiated the reset.  Unfortunately, that means they are still different to what is on my computer.  The phone was restored from the cloud, but from a different location than what my computer addresses.

My cloud (contacts only) resides at two different addresses in the cloud and I am resigned to the fact that no one at Verizon can fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you following up with us, OscalNelsen. I recommend reaching out to customer support at 800-922-0204, to have your cloud account reviewed via a ticket. This way we can pinpoint if a prior backup is stuck and not allowing the newer version to sync properly.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OscarNelsen
Contributor - Level 1

Nice SWAG.  The contacts have 2 different addresses; there's nothing stuck

I am no longer wasting anymore of my time.  I've spent 6 hours on the phone with 4 different techs.  Here's a thought.  Why don't you query the tech department and find someone who knows why my contacts are in 2 different locations in the cloud.  Then have that tech call me, text me, email me, stop over at the house.

0 Likes