Contacts keep disappearing
daricecgil
Enthusiast - Level 2

My contacts keep disappearing and when I use the Verizon messages app, they appear as phone numbers instead of the contact name. When I try to view the contact, out appear as a new contact, when I know they are not new. I've tried adding the contract back to my address book on both Verizon cloud and Google. When I log into google on a pc, the contract is still there. In Verizon it's not. This is very frustrating and happens at 2-3 times a week now. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts keep disappearing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That has to be aggravating! Have you tried running your device in safe mode? If there is a third party application causing trouble, that will help diagnose it.

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ElaCox

I have this problem exactly as well on my Droid Turbo 2.  Random contacts will disappear, sometimes I can add them back in, and some I can't.  I also get a message from Verizon that my Cloud is full and I wonder if this is the reason.  I cannot afford to add more space to my Cloud, I don't really understand what is in my Cloud and how I can clear out any unwanted data in my Cloud that might be contributing to the problem?

Thank you.

0 Likes
daricecgil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you sync contacts from your Google account as well? It's baffling me how

they disappear and reappear on my phone. The first few times it happened, I

panicked and checked my Google account and my contacts and they were all

still there. I could use the Gmail app to send email to those contacts.

Yet, in terms of contacts on my phone and using the Verizon Messaging app,

random contacts were gone - some but not all. Really bizarre.

0 Likes
ElaCox

Hi,

I was on chat support yesterday for 2 hours. The best they could tell me is that they think it's an app corrupting the Phone Contacts and that I would need to do a factory reset, which of course involves backing everything up first and gradually adding back the apps that I've installed.

I decided to try uninstalling some apps first.

I use Outlook as my primary email/contact, and tells me it's synching, but the contacts are definitely not getting synched from Outlook. What an enormous headache. I am sorry this is happening to you, too.

0 Likes
daricecgil
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the same multiple times but can't figure it out. Do you use

whatsapp by any chance?

0 Likes
e045006

My phone is a company phone, so I have both the corporate MS Outlook email account and the Outlook App for my personal email.  Up until 3 days ago, my contacts defaulted to my personal contacts on Outllook.com (aka Live).  Then all of those disappeared and my contacts default to my company's corporate email list.

I went to a Verizon store today and they had no solutions other than to tell me to manually enter all of my personal contacts into the company contacts list.

What a crazy situation.  If I want to text or call a personal contact, I have to look up their cell number, write it down and then type it into the phone.

If this can't be fixed, I think I'll have to get rid of the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daricecgil, this is very bizarre for you to experience. We apologize for you having to deal with your contacts disappearing like that. Let's figure out what'a causing this. Have you updated your applications recently? Have you checked your phone for software updates? How is your phone doing on storage?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ElaCox

Wow that's a terrible solution. Is your phone an Android? I figure it's all about getting people to use Gmail.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Likes
ElaCox

I am not Darcecgil, but I do have the same problem.

This problem started several months ago, so I cannot say whether it began with a particular app.

My phone updated its software perhaps two months ago, after the problem started and the problem has continued since the update.

My phone syncs with the outlook app, but it does not sync in the contacts to the phone. (Outlook is my primary email account)

My Cloud storage is full, but in my account it says that I have unlimited contacts.

Thanks for any assistance in resolving this.

0 Likes