Contacts in cloud
AMYVAN89

Hey. So the app shows that I have 165 contacts, all which are either doubled tripled or quadrupled but the website says I have none. I just want to delete multiple contacts. How do I do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts in cloud
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What app?  What website?  Where are your contacts backed up?  What phone do you have?

Your contacts may be google contacts, phone contacts, etc - then answers to the above questions will help us to help you get this sorted out!

0 Likes
AMYVAN89

verizon cloud App. My contacts are backed up in there. I'm sure it's from backing up multiple times. I'm just wondering how to delete them. I used an actual computer today instead of my phone, iphone 7, and my contacts showed that I had the normal 30 or so that I actually have. So I don't understand the discrepancy there either?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you access your cloud contacts on the computer, is it through verizonwireless.com?  How many do you see there?

Is it possible they are also backed up with iCloud, and that's why you are seeing duplicates?

0 Likes
AMYVAN89

Yes verizonwireless.com on my actual computer it says 31 but when I go to verizonwireless.com on my phone it says I have no contacts backed up. Then the app shows that I have 165 contacts backed up.

i have no idea. I wouldnt have thought that iCloud and Verizon cloud read anything together as they are two different services.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you go into the Contacts on your phone, then settings, and accounts, what accounts are listed there?  On mine I'm showing Verizon cloud, Google, and a couple of other apps that have contact lists, so my total # of contacts IS higher than just what's on Verizon cloud.  (Facebook Messenger, other social media?)

0 Likes
DARLAB2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue, phone went nuts on Jan 3 and lost all but 4 contacts..Verizon colud from my home computer shows 190 contacts, Cloud app on my phone only shows 188 and only 39 contacts under my contacts button

Contacts to display is set on phone.

Also have several entry's (135+ ) for each contact in the trash folder. Last 2 days when I try to permanently delete from trash screen pops up saying "Unexplained system error. Please try again later

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DARLAB2, we understand the importance of having access to your contacts. We'll get this resolved. What's the make/model of your phone?

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AMYVAN89

My phone doesn't show me that. My android did but my apple doesnt

0 Likes
AMYVAN89

So contacts in phone are fine. Contacts in Verizon cloud at verizonwireless.com are fine. But Verizon cloud app--it shows that I have 165 contacts that I cannot get rid of. All of these contacts are tripled or quadrupled. i wish I could show a picture.

0 Likes