Re: Contacts disappeared
phoenixrose
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fixed it.  My trash can had all my contacts in it (WHY??).  I did a restore on the computer.  Then exported to my phone (emailed it to myself) and my contacts came back.

This was ridiculous.  I do not understand how this happened and am not happy I had to go through all that crap to get my contacts back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phoenixrose,

I'm glad that worked out and restored. Was that the first time that ever happened on the device? Currently we don't have any reports of any errors on the cloud platform.

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there are no contacts on your phone, and, you execute a backup from the phone, (which sends whatever is in the phone's contact list up to the cloud), the cloud entries will be deleted.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

One thing that I have noticed is that the different cloud services have enough variations in their respective contact list to cause problems with how your contact data is displayed on your phone.

For example, I backed up some of my contacts to the Verizon cloud and Google. I found those contacts soon were added to a group that doesn't exist on my phone, and, had the addresses listed multiple times.

I had to unlink the contacts and delete the Googles to get everything to display properly.

Now I backup to the Verizon cloud and manually update the contact info in my Microsoft cloud account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phoenixrose, let's figure this out together. Are you accessing your contacts at our Verizon Cloud website? http://vz.to/1OgSM3j  Which make/model phone do you have? Have you synced that device with Verizon Cloud in the settings of your device?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phoenixrose
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had figured it all out thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Phoenixrose We appreciate the update, and we are happy you figured it out. I’m including a link with available options to reach us should you require further assistance. http://vz.to/1iurlIn

DeloresK_VZW

0 Likes