Cloud vanished, all photos lost.
PATTYBELL6
Enthusiast - Level 1

This morning I saw a notification that my cloud was deleted (I guess cause it was the free one?)  I signed up for a new pay one, but only the current content of my phone uploaded.  My other pictures are nowhere to be found.  They are not in trash in the new cloud.  Please, is there any way to restore them? My daughter's baby pictures were there!  Please, please help me?!?!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cloud vanished, all photos lost.
richs007
Verizon Employee

For everyone asking about their Cloud content suddenly disappearing because they didn't upgrade from their free service to either 500G/1TB.

If you've had the Cloud service removed from your phone number because you didn't upgrade to 500GB or 1TB and it's been less than 30 days, you must:

• call support at 800-922-0204
  • Have them put 500GB or 1TB on your phone number
  • Have them "Unarchive" your content
  • Have them double check the unarchived content is in the storage size (500G/1T) that you asked them for.

Once they do that, if you don't seen the restored content in your mobile app, re-install it (or Clear data if you know what that means) to refresh the local database on the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd suggest contacting Customer Support at 800-922-0204 or *611 from your cell phone to see if they can restore your Cloud archive; see:

Re: lost content

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

For everyone asking about their Cloud content suddenly disappearing because they didn't upgrade from their free service to either 500G/1TB.

If you've had the Cloud service removed from your phone number because you didn't upgrade to 500GB or 1TB and it's been less than 30 days, you must:

• call support at 800-922-0204
  • Have them put 500GB or 1TB on your phone number
  • Have them "Unarchive" your content
  • Have them double check the unarchived content is in the storage size (500G/1T) that you asked them for.

Once they do that, if you don't seen the restored content in your mobile app, re-install it (or Clear data if you know what that means) to refresh the local database on the phone.

0 Likes
Vbpowell51

I lost over 3000 pictures on the cloud when they were changing to iCloud. Gone Gone Gone So sorry I was told, I had already asked to continue my cloud on my account they cannot bring up anything. 

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

We didn't make any changes to iCloud since that's a service of Apple but there have been some ongoing changes since we no longer offer a free cloud service except for customers on the Above Unlimited plan.

If you send me an email at verizoncloud@verizonwireless.com with your mobile number, I'll look into it for you but if they told you they are gone, it's likely because it's been more than 30 days since the cloud service or the verizon wireless service was disconnected but I will look into it further for you.

0 Likes