Cloud uses 14GB internal storage
JGCali22
Enthusiast - Level 1

So my phone won't work right. It wont open apps and keeps having error messages. I checked the memory and it says it's full. I open the other apps tab and and it shows the Verizon Cloud using 14 GB!! What?? Why is it using 14GB of internal storage on my phone?! I thought the data is stored online?? I cleared the cache but it still shows 13.82 GB of data being used on internal phone storage. I didn't push the delete data tab because I don't know what that does. Will it delete all my photos and videos from cloud?? I don't want to lose anything but it makes no sense why its using most of my internal storage. Any help would be great.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cloud uses 14GB internal storage
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

This issue appeared in the 20.11.7 release, and was addressed in the 20.11.8 which was rolled out 100% 11/28/2020.  All future releases contain this correction.
You will not need to re-install the app to affect the change, only update from the Play Store to the current version.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of you phone is vital, especially if its not working properly. We are here to aid you in the best way possible. When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made? What error messages are you getting?

Having an app use 14 GB of internal storage can certainly be overwhelming. You are correct the Verizon Cloud saves content/files online. What is your device make/model? How are you checking the internal storage? What leads you to believe the Verizon Cloud is using 14 GB of internal storage?

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Make sure you have the latest update.  My version is 20.12.18 and it says I am using just 184MB of internal storage

0 Likes
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

This issue appeared in the 20.11.7 release, and was addressed in the 20.11.8 which was rolled out 100% 11/28/2020.  All future releases contain this correction.
You will not need to re-install the app to affect the change, only update from the Play Store to the current version.

0 Likes