Cloud Content Restore Won't Restore All Messages
waxlrose08

I have a droid mini. I backed up all my text messages with verizon cloud.

When I went to tools->content restore, all the messages I had cannot be restored. It randomly restored some, but not all.

Is there anyway to access and browse these from a computer?

Is there any other solution?

These messages are extremely important, any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud Content Restore Won't Restore All Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

waxlrose08,

I am sorry to hear about your messages not all be restored. We would love to assist with diving deeper into this situation. The messages that were restored are they all before a certain date or from certain contacts? Do you use the factory text application on the device or a 3rd party text application? Do you recall if any of the messages your are missing were on the device for longer then 90 days?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stromsp

Hello LindseyT_VZW,

I'm having the same problem that waxlrose08 reported, Cloud restore on my new Droid Turbo didn't restore my older messages.

The back up was from my Droid Razr Maxx. I used the messaging app that came on the phone from Motorola "Messaging." No third party app, at least to my knowledge.

Yes, some of the messages I'm missing after the restore were much older than 90 days, about 2 years in fact. One was from December of 2012, kept for very sentimental reasons, another was from mid 2012, kept because it contained a security code.

Will I ever get these texts back?

My phone has since done a new back up on the new Droid Turbo, so I'm concerned I've lost all of these older messages.

waxlrose08 - Sorry to hijack your question..

Thanks,

stromsp

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stromsp,

We certainly want to make sure you get your messages on your new phone! I know how important those are. When the Verizon Cloud first does a backup, it only backs up the last 90 days worth of messages. After that any new messages are backed up and the old ones are still kept so you can absolutely get more than 90 days worth of messages. If they were older than 90 days old when you first backed up to the Cloud though they wouldn't be saved. Do you still have your old phone? Are the messages still on it? What type of phone do you have?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tkay11

I need assistance backing up/transferring texts that are older than 90 days.  I have 2 days left before needing to send my old phone back to Verizon and so far no customer service representative has been able to assist me with this, and I've been speaking to different reps for months now. I am in the middle of a court case with an old landlord who owes us up to $2000 and the only proof we have is in the conversations with her, on my old phone (which Verizon insists on having back by the end of the month, even though no one has been able to get the messages from it). We even had a law enforcement officer request the texts from their database, as that was repeatedly the 'solution' I was offered by Verizon). However, he was told they only keep messages for 3-5 days in the system. I'm not sure how 3-5 days would help any court case, as they are inevitably past that date. 

So far Verizon has not successfully assisted us in this and we are almost out of time now.

I am very worried about loosing the only proof we have in these texts.  Can someone please help?  How on earth can we just back up more than 90 days worth of these messages before we 'have to send the phone back in'?

Thank you!!

0 Likes
hotterod
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just for your information I have been through exactly what you've been through it's a complete lie it's a scam because they say that your text messages are there on the app and they even offer forever return of all text messages but they highlight the 90 day one.

We Are All paying for the service of being able to keep our messages are photos and all other information that we have placed on their Cloud that we pay for. Their phone Representatives have no clue what they're talking about and I asked them to educate them because it's a waste of time sitting on the phone all evening with one trying to figure out what to do and it doesn't work and they're under the impression that it does work.

I recommended a legal action or a class action suit against Verizon for this because it is definitely a breach of contract and false advertising.