Cannot connect to cloud
bacardi4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting error "sorry we cannot connect to cloud service at this time" and then app will close, uninstalled, reinstalled and what i had in the cloud is now gone, all my pictures. my contacts are there though. sometimes it will show it completed a back up, but did not back up pics even though it is set to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot connect to cloud
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you referring to Verizon Cloud?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
katrinan_vzw
Verizon Employee

Your cloud backups are very important to access, especially in an emergency situation. Let's look into this. When did this first start? What type of device are you using (make/model)?

Katrinan_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rick47201
Enthusiast - Level 2

I first noticed the problem on 3/5. My phone is the HTC One (M8). My girlfriend has a Galaxy Note5 and cannot connect either.

0 Likes
bacardi4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes

0 Likes
bacardi4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

s7 edge, not sure when it started. I went to cloud to look for a picture and noticed no pictures had been backing up even though it was set to back up, pics, contact & videos.Keep getting error message "sorry, we cant connect to the cloud service at this time". Uninstalled & reinstalled  and the pics i did have in the cloud were gone. Still getting error message and it shows it will not back up pictures

0 Likes
okiearkie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a replacement for my LG G4 (original DIED abruptly) 2 weeks ago and was getting the error message then, too. Tech support people I've talked to (2 of them, including one of the top tier reps) both told me there was a problem with the Verizon Cloud and it was across the board. Everyone was having trouble including them. Now I'm seeing other messages that imply the same thing but this AM I get a message telling me I have used over half of my storage and may need to add some. Well really? If I can't access the photos and such on it (although I was able to get my contacts onto my new phone - go figure) why would I want more storage?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help Okiearkie. I know how important it is to be able to access and manage your stored content on the Verizon Cloud. I apologize for all the troubles you are experiencing. We can definitely take a closer look at your account and further assist.

Please reply to the Direct Message I sent you so we can access your account and further assist.  

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Trying to uninstall the app for a clean slate was a great idea, bacardi4me. Thanks for trying. Are you able to access anything from your Cloud by logging into www.vzw.com/cloud ? If you turn off your WiFi on the phone, are you able to browse the internet and access other apps that require a data connection? Have you recently switched devices?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bacardi4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

when i log into www.vzw.com/cloud i get the cloud content for the other phone on my account which is my husbands. And Yes I can turn off my wifi and access other apps just fine that require a data connection. I switched devices  the end of Nov. but the cloud issue started sometime after that. when i switched to the new phone i was not having any issues.