Can't Access Cloud Using Desktop App
tricianne13

I just installed the cloud desktop app on my laptop tonight. I've repeatedly tried to access my cloud using the app but I can't. I signed in using the phone number and password for my account. A message says that my device is not recognized and I answer my security question. It sits for about 30 seconds and then takes me back to the screen to input my phone number and password. This process repeats and over. I logged out and rebooted the computer and it still happens. I need help with the login.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Access Cloud Using Desktop App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tricianne13, 

We want to make sure you are able to use your Cloud on your laptop. First, let's make sure we are on the same page. What kind of laptop are you using? Are you able to access Verizon Cloud on your mobile device? We are eager to get to the bottom of this.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
NIRVANAFITNESSLIFE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have identical issue. Downloaded PC app and receive the same message. Not working.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Called 800-922-0204 and was informed that the Verizon Cloud app is no longer supported on a desktop.  Use the Web page to access the Cloud instead.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
richs007
Verizon Employee

jav6 you were misinformed.  The Verizon Cloud app is supported for mac & windows users. 

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Most likely your account is locked.  Go to the verizonwireless.com site and reset your password & secret question (just to be safe). 

That should solve your problem unless you have your verizon wireless and verizon communications account linked.  If that's the case, then you need to unlink them and reset both the verizonwireless and communications passwords.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If I install the Verizon Cloud pc_client.exe on my Windows 10 64bit desktop and try giving my credentials and answer to secret question, it just loops back to the login screen. Troubleshooting that on 12/12 by Jennifer informed me that it was no longer supported.  Does it ONLY support accounts that have subscribed to the 500GB or 1TB Cloud service and we cannot use it to access our Contacts with the free Cloud?

richs007
Verizon Employee

No, if you are still a cloud user it is storage tier agnostic.   But, if you have already been converted to contacts only then it will not work.  Perhaps that's what she meant.  The PC app hasn't supported contacts.  That was always through the website.

I'm running it on a Win 10 64 bit laptop.  Make sure your on 16.4.9.7.

Also, make sure you are  logginto the pc app with your mobile number/myverizon password if you are trying to access a verizonwireless cloud  unless you are a verizon communications cloud user.  I'm assuming you're a verizonwireless cloud user and not a communications or linked account user.   Reset your wireless password (even if the account isn't locked) and for grins & giggles reset the verizonwireless secret question.  We have seen this seems to unlock frozen desktop apps most of the time.

If you are, then send an email to verizoncloud@verizonwireless.com .  They will want some logs your login attempts.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

On my two devices, the first (primary) has only the default contacts Cloud, having been switched to the 500GB trial and then removed and that is the one that loops on login attempts.  My second device, which still has the old 5G Cloud DOES allow me to log in with the desktop app.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Since there is no 'media' account to log into, the developers confirmed it just takes you to the login screen.  I've asked them to improve the messaging in this scenario and they said  the next version should have it. 

0 Likes