Re: 25GB Free Cloud Expiring
tylerk_vzw
Verizon Employee

We definitely want you to get the most out of your plan, services, and storage options. If you choose to update your Cloud options with us, perfect. You do have other options for storage, let us know how you'd like to proceed.

0 Likes
Gtechman

My wife was told today all of her years of photos are gone from her cloud. I have the main line and never received any texts from Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did your wife's phone receive any notifications about the expiration?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Gtechman

My line is the parent line but Verizon didn't contact me at all. Be very careful, they will delete your data.

How can Verizon make a change to 1 of my lines without contacting me? I pay for all lines and features. Seriously

0 Likes
JBRINK25
Enthusiast - Level 1

grungerrocker1983,

I'm having the same issue! My email from Verizon told me the free cloud would be deleted on December 22nd. So I backed up everything. But December 22nd came and went and I still had the cloud. So I continued on thinking I must've read the email wrong( the email was deleted after I read it). Now my Christmas pics and New years pics were in the cloud( safely, I thought). Today I woke up and have a notification that says my free cloud was deleted and will only back up contacts. WTF?!

I also have the LG G4 with the [removed] Wi-Fi ever. It connects and disconnects at will numerous times a day. It's incredibly annoying and forces me to use more of my data allowance. Is this a ploy by Verizon?

I have been researching other companies to switch to. Because this is ridiculous. Verizon is no longer the "King" of cell phone service companies, in my opinion. Their crown has completely fallen off now!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
BAMBINA416
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband discovered that his cloud content was deleted yesterday as well. I am completely baffled. When you pay such a high bill every month with no issues and then to have the carpet pulled from under you is completely ridiculous and unfair. We are frantically trying to move my content before it is deleted as well. I have numerous pictures of my newborn son and my 10 year old daughter throughout my cloud but who cares right? Verizon will only care when they are being paid to care. I am seriously considering switching carriers at this point. I have zero faith in a company who can just throw away people's lives like it's nothing. Verizon is holding our content hostage until we pay and that sucks. And quite frankly I'd really like to know how they choose who gets to stay on the free plan... Is this like the Hunger Games and if our name is called we are one of the unlucky ones? Pathetic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly value you as part of the Verizon family and would never want to see you go, BAMBINA416. I rely on my backup to save my memories and it's important you're able to save your precious moments. Due to growing demand for cloud storage, customers on free accounts are being directed to move to premium storage for as low as $5 per month. Premium storage tiers allow for an equal or higher amount of storage for a low monthly cost, without a contract. These premium tiers provide the same benefits as your free plan. You'll be able to maximize media storage with less concern of using your storage limit. Without upgrading to a premium storage tier, you still have the benefit of backing up your contacts. We are sending notifications through text message to all lines that are being affected. This will allow you time to save your content another way if you choose not to upgrade your Cloud service. We hope this clears things up for you.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BAMBINA416
Enthusiast - Level 2

Danielle,

First, my husband nor I received any text claiming his content would be deleted, so there was no time to move his memories. And I will never understand why you will make your EXISTING customers pay more than they already do for services. Especially when there are cloud storages out there for free. You would think Verizon would stand by and protect their customers instead of hurt them. I especially do not recall ever having a conversation when signing with Verizon that the mere 5GB that were offered for free was a promotion that would end. (This was told to my husband and myself when calling into to Verizon support). Verizon has just proved that there is no customer loyalty, it's just another money hungry corporation. I will be looking into other providers. If Verizon cannot be loyal to me why should I be loyal to them? Now I know why that "Do you here me now?" Guy switched to Sprint!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

teriwalk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and a class action lawyer.

BAMBINA416
Enthusiast - Level 2

Teri,

Good thinking!! Hopefully Verizon wakes up now!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes