Re: 25GB Free Cloud Expiring
JoWill
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been receiving the same message saying my FREE 25 GB Verizon cloud is expiring.  I haven't gotten much help from calling customer support (twice).  According to the My Verizon Plan profile, it shows my free 25 GB cloud storage expires 09/26/2044 (as shown by this screen shot OneNote Online).  ​My plan is currently the New Verizon Plan Med 4 GB. I was migrated from the more everything plan. I understand your attempt to justify this but my question is, are you really going to cancel my free 25 GB storage in spite of the expiration date on your website showing the year 2044? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoWill, I can understand your concerns regarding the free storage. I understand this change would catch me off guard. Yes, you must migrate to a new plan or to prevent any lost information transfer your cloud information to a PC. Click here http://spr.ly/65848xjLY and scroll to option #10.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAYVIN325
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like a class action suit in the makeing

grungerocker1983
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to agree that this is ridiculous. Among other problems I haven't been able to resolve with VZW. Such as a HUM device that doesn't work the way it should because it keeps "unplugging" itself, which I'm still paying for, even tho I haven't actually used it in a year, and having no voicemail as well for the longest time. Now the pictures that I want to keep that I have stored nowhere else besides the ones I've uploaded to Cloud are going to be deleted, or inaccessible. I'm not able to download them back to my phone, or memory card seeing as the wifi on the LG G4 I've leased from Verizon is wigging out and turns on and off under it's own will without letting me turn it on or off, yet still won't connect to wifi. Which in result also drains the battery faster. Either way, some good results, instead of paying, paying, paying would be nice for once. I haven't paid this much with any other cell company, while using the unlimited plan.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Grungerock1983, we want to make sure all of our customers have the best service possible. I am sorry to learn of the issues you are having and want to provide some personal support. I just sent you a private message so that we can provide assistance.

RalphT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CWSLWS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my message that free cloud storage is no more........disappointed that Verizon gives a service and then takes it away.  You are going to nickel and dime your customers into looking for another service.  I have been with  Verizon since I got my first phone, the service is great but don't you think the other companies are catching up with you? Be careful what you change....remember your customers can change too.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I agree here.  I went to the Unlimited plan and still only got the minimal 5BG free.I've been very careful to maintain that amount and have been happy with it.  I don't need 500GB of storage.but in heavier pic months it was nice to know I had the backup.  With some wrangling I finally got my costs down to a more manageable level and now they are adding what seems a minimal charge for a service single line users like me, don't really need.  So, I guess I'll be dropping the small amount of storage and will have to rely strictly on my SD card.

I am not happy about this change.

0 Likes
grungerocker1983
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm paying for a faulty HUM device and tablet that they refuse to take off the bill that I have been paying for over a year without using. My cell phone through them isnt working as it should, now free cloud storage is being taken away. I should have stuck with Sprint.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

grungerocker1983

We don't want you to have any remorse about joining our wireless network. What issues are you having with that HUM and wireless device?

We have switched to premium media storage service. You can continue to use the Verizon Cloud app to store your contacts, free of charge. However, you will need to add a Verizon Cloud storage plan to your line to save your pictures, video, and media. Click http://vz.to/2bIS4OY for more details.

LasinaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
teriwalk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Much the same for us! This cannot be legal!?

Shame on you Verizon. Could have at least made it easier to get our content off your cloud!

0 Likes