Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Re: 25GB Free Cloud Expiring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BAMBINA416, 

0 Likes
BAMBINA416
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nicole,

How do you turn something like this around? All of my husband's content is gone. His memories of our newborn are already gone. Those memories that he captured are already trashed like they didn't matter. All because of money hungry schemes. I still don't understand how some people are chosen and others aren't. Seems unfair.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
MARWAC97

I also lost all my pics with no warning. Over priced [removed] . Time to find a new carrier

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

There were alerts that the free cloud storage was being phased out. And there is a 30 day period where content should be able to be restored for recovery.  If you sign up for the 30-day free trial of the new cloud service for your phone number then your content may be available.  You can always cancel it after downloading what you want. Call 800-922-0204 or *611.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Verizon stopped offering a free cloud service in September for new customers.   Existing customers were notified that the free service was being discontinued and given the option to upgrade or download the content before the service was removed.

The account owner should have received an email approximately 45 days prior to the Cloud service being removed from  a particular phone number.  Then, a week prior to the removal another text message is sent to the actual phone that is impacted.

The data in the messages is the earliest date it would be removed and we often remove it after that date as another cushion to get your content before it is removed from  your account.

Once the cloud service is removed from the phone number, there is a 30-day "safety net" where you can have cloud service put back on your phone number and have support unarchive your content again.

As a consumer, it's always a difficult change when companies change their prices/policies.  This was not a decision we took lightly. 

0 Likes
teriwalk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, first off, My Verizon account showed 25g of FREE cloud storage with NO EXPIRATION.

Secondly, nothing was discontinued, their words were (and it's important to note the difference), 'expiring'.

Thirdly, the only thing that they expired, or discontinued, was the free part. They still offer the storage. They really just want everyone to use Google storage, and they won't have to deal with us anymore. Which is fine, if they made the removal of our content easier.

As for removing the content, extremely time-consuming, and the program times out. I had three lines to download pictures, videos, etc. off of. And, you cannot download to an external hard drive!

In summary, they took something away that they said had no expiration date, then gave us the choice to pay for it or take our stuff. Since you can't get your stuff easily, ugh, guess you pay.

Not me.

Bad, bad Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the download process is timing out, it probably means you are trying to download too many items at a time. Restrict each download to about 200 images in each selection. It will be time consuming, but it should work better.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
teriwalk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I tried that. However, I live in a rural area with slow wifi capabilities. Even doing that took forever. Then, I have to transfer them to my external hard drive. Hours and hours of time.

Also, I'm talking about thousands of pictures.

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Back in November I noticed that notification at the top of my phone, that my
"free" cloud storage was expiring mid December. Free? I was paying
$73 for a package deal. At no tie did anyone state this was a promo, temporary. I got on chat support and he explained that plan had expired. For $64 I could go from 3G to 5G of storage on a new
plan. I asked flat out, does the price increase? Does the storage expire?
To both he replied no. In January the bill increased  to $68 and this
morning I woke to one of those notification messages stating that my storage had
been deleted and when clicking on it they want $9.99 to add storage to include
data other than my contacts. I responded to the notice, was grateful to receive a better plan, blew off the increase of $4 after only a month and had my storage deleted anyway. But now for a price I can get more storage? For how long? When does Verizon say that was a promo, call it free?

This is no way to treat a longtime customer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KISSATEK,

We understand how important it is to back up your data consistently. We want to make sure you have the best option. Let's look at the details. We have had made some changes to our Verizon Cloud services and storage tiers. It is a monthly charge on your bill and will continue as long as you subscribe to the feature. We have sent text messages advised the trial periods and expirations. Do you subscribe to our current Cloud service at this time? 

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes