25GB Free Cloud Expiring
jimmyw18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received an email today informing me that my free cloud storage is going to expire on August 23, 2017. I spoke with the chat representative online and was told that due to demand for cloud storage for other customers, they are removing my 25gb cloud storage and that if I would like to keep it, I would need to upgrade to the premium cloud storage. The 25gb was a promo with a $2.99 credit every month for each of the 4 lines on my plan. The sales team at the store pitched this 25gb free cloud storage as a promo for buying and renewing our contract with verizon and told us there is no expiration date and we will continue receiving a $2.99 credit/month. Therefore, we renewed the contract. Just recently, I received an email and pulled up the documents in my verizon to take a look at this feature and notice that there is no expiration date but yet verizon is telling me that they are going to remove my free cloud storage on Aug 23, 2017. It seems that it was false advertising and marketing to make the sale and my family and I are getting the short end of the stick by pulling the free cloud storage under the rug from us after being a loyal customer with verizon for a many years.

Can someone please help to clarify the free 25gb cloud storage expiration after the monthly credit? The chat representative was helpful but she was not very informed about the cloud storage expiration notice either since I had to link her to a post that was in the community forum regarding inactive cloud storage and the prevention of removal of cloud storage by performing backups onto the tablet/desktop. Looking forward to Verizon customer service response.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 25GB Free Cloud Expiring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jimmyw18

I understand your concerns with losing the free 25 GB Verizon Cloud option for backing up your device data. Please allow me to clarify things for you.

Due to the ever growing high demand for cloud storage, certain customers on free cloud accounts are being directed to move to a premium cloud storage tier for as low as $2.99 per month. Premium cloud storage tiers will allow for an equal or higher amount of storage for a low monthly cost, without a contract.

These premium storage tiers will provide the same benefits as your existing free plan, but will allow you to maximize your media storage (pictures, videos, music, documents) with less concern of hitting your cloud storage limit.

If you choose not to upgrade to a premium storage tier, you will still have the benefit of backing up your contacts. You will have access to your current media backed up in your free cloud account until August 22nd if you choose to take no action. After that date your free cloud account and its content will be deleted. Does this provide clarity?

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jimmyw18
Enthusiast - Level 2

AnthonyTa_VZW

According to the my verizon plan profile, it shows that my free 25gb cloud storage expires 07/01/2044 for 2 lines and 03/01/2044 for 1 of my lines on the account. Are you saying that Verizon is now NOT honoring those expiration dates and will close the free cloud account on August 22nd if we don't upgrade to premium and pay $2.99/month to keep the service? Please see image link for a screenshot of my promotions & discounts which shows the dates of expiration for the cloud storage services,  http://imgur.com/a/tF2RZ

If this is how Verizon does business, and treat customers by offering an initial promo/discount rate and then later in the year, select 'certain customers' and ask them to pay $2.99/month to upgrade to premium or risk having these services removed, then I am speechless. With a definitive start and end date for these services and due to high demand, these services are no longer honored because they reach close to the 25gb threshold.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jimmyw18

Thanks for the screenshot. Let’s see if your account would be affected by this change.

Which specific plan are you currently on?

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Just received same email about cloud storage expiring.  And when clicking the link there is NO FREE option available.

So here is a thought VERIZON! Samsung offers Samsung Cloud... oh wait, Verizon stopped that app from hitting our S7's....  Why don't you let it go through.  Why don't you offer a free option from Verizon, not like you don't make enough money off of us as it is now! 

Otherwise it's definitely time to start looking at other options for cellular service!

valleeman
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is simply corporate greed. They are holding your content hostage. I have attempted to download my content to my PC from Verizon cloud. It does allow you to select all, but their server will time out and it doesn't allow you to download any of your files. This is no accident it is planned obsolescence. My daughter died in January and I have pictures of her from the last 3 cell phones that I owned through Verizon. But trust me that does not matter to them. They are no different than a hacker putting a virus on your computer encrypting all of your data and demanding payment to unlock it!

jimmyw18
Enthusiast - Level 2

my plan is currently the new verizon plan. I was part of the old migration from the more everything plan. hence there has been the $2.99 credit/month after i switched.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, EvL70. We want to make sure that every option is looked into to assist you with this. What plan are you currently on? Does your line also state that you have the feature for an extended period after August 22? Do you have over 5+ GB stored on the Verizon Cloud currently? The free Verizon Cloud comes with 5GB and if you have over this, you may not get the option to select it until you clear some space.

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Joshua I thank you for your response. And as I click on the email again about Verizon Cloud I fail to see the 5gb free option.  That must just be cleverly left off just so EVERYONE feels they need to now pay for cloud storage.

And once again that does NOT give any worthwhile reason as to why Samsung Cloud was removed by Verizon. Samsung offers 15gb for free.  Luckily Google Photos offers free storage as well, I believe they cap it at 15gb as well... possibly unlimited if you go with lower resolution photos.

So, bottom line is, Verizon does nothing but control what we can and can not use (ie. Samsung Cloud, hell Samsung Pay back in the early days) and they CONTINUE to nickle and dime us all to death! I'm on a 12gb plan, with 4 phones (3 on device payment), I pay OVER $250/month.  That is absolutely crazy and even worse when Verizon wants me to now pay for the Cloud.  And let's not forget to mention the usual ($20) upgrade fee, or was it more?  Which is your "administrative" fee for some computer to automatically note a new phone/sim card.  Are you kidding me?  There are cheaper options out there, and just like I cut the cord on cable, I research every day to figure out how I'm going to cut the cord with Verizon as well!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to see you go. The upgrade fee helps us with the cost of tower maintenance and updates. This also helps us keep the great service you enjoy. We understand your concern. We always want you to have options to keep your stored memories. Google Photos should have no immediate limit to store any pictures. Videos and other files might be different. The Free Cloud option will always be available to you. Here is a link to help you find out more about the Verizon Cloud, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes