installed 4g internet never works
sboesch
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have been having problems with my 4g internet . it hasnt worked in 2 months. yesterday I got a text from verizon saying the device dosnt work in my area, and there are pockets with no coverage.
I  have contacted tec support several times and they couldnt figure it out either. Problems started after i switched to the "UNLIMITED " plan. Unlimited is not unlimited with verizon.  I switched back to the 40gb and still wont work.

the support person said its happened a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: installed 4g internet never works
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> I got a text from verizon saying the device dosnt work in my area, and there are pockets with no coverage.

Get Verizon to confirm what is stated here.  Look up your address in the Verizon Coverage locator for 4G LTE.  If you happen to be in an area with no coverage or very near an area with no coverage then there isn't much they can do.  Perhaps the towers moved around or switched owners in your area in the last two months resulting in less or no coverage for your home.

If you are still in coverage then contact VZW for warranty support and ask them to send you a replacement device.  If there is no remaining warranty then consider the upgrade or replacement options that are available to you.

Otherwise if you want to figure out what is going on then search the 4G router for logs and diagnostics.  Provide us with what the router is doing when it errors out during a boot.  It could be something simple but we need more information to point you in a direction.

0 Likes
Re: installed 4g internet never works
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Two months is definitely too long to be without service sboesch. We want to be sure to get this resolved. What is the zip code where you are having the trouble? What is happening when you try to connect to the Internet?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes