Verizon LTE Internet and Home Phone Ethernet Ports INOP
Vincam

Just received a Verizon LTE internet and home phone and the wifi is working but nothing works on the Ethernet ports.  Computers hooked up to it say unidentified network and it is not assigning IP addresses to the LAN ports.  Do you have to do something to make this work?  I don't see anyting in settings.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon LTE Internet and Home Phone Ethernet Ports INOP
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Shouldn't have to do anything to get the VZW device to provide IP addresses to Ethernet cabled devices.

I would start by resetting the defaults on your VZW device.  Then try the cables again.  Swap cables and ports on the VZW device to see if some perform better than others.

You can also look up steps for your OS and how to release IP addresses.  There should be plenty of guides on the subject from a quick Google search.  Releasing the IP from the personal devices may be necessary to allow a new connection to complete.  After you release you can either wait for automatic IP address assignment from the VZW device or manually refresh the connection with a similar command or process.  Otherwise an unplug and replug of the cable should trigger automatic IP address assignment too.

0 Likes
Vincam

Thank you but none of that seems to work, different computers, different cables and different ports and the result is always the same.  The light does not come on for a LAN connection on the device.  I've restarted both the computers and the device when they were all connected and same result.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

And you've verified that in the LTE Internet device's LAN settings DHCP Server is ON and an IP address range is set?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Vincam

Yeah all enabled with a valid ip range and mask etc. It's all the factory settings.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Ugh...Is there a local Verizon store close by where you could take the device to have them check it out?  A phone call to them first might be necessary to see if they can handle the troubleshooting.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Vincam

Yeah there is. I think that's where I'm at. It should be working and it's just not. Thought I'd see if I was missing something stupid.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> The light does not come on for a LAN connection on the device.

I think this is your biggest clue.  There is no physical connection registered on the VZW device.  That will require a hardware replacement.  It should be an easy call for VZW to swap the device if you bring this to their attention.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vincam,

I'm sorry to hear you're having concerns with activating your Verizon LTE Internet. It's important you have a reliable data connection and I'm here to help fix this. I have sent you a Private Message and we'll be able to further assist you there.

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vincam, we understand the importance of making sure your LTE internet and home phone is working properly with the Ethernet cables. Allow us to further investigate the details. All of your efforts to try to solve this matter are truly appreciated. Can you please follow this link http://vz.to/2G0hSVU for steps to set up the wired connection to your computer? Once this step is complete, please provide us the LAN port LED indicator details http://vz.to/2DSpAk4 . Please include the color, and if it is solid or blinking.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes