How do I get a static IP address for my 4gLTE usb modem?
RobD12345

how do i get a static IP address for my 4gLTE usb modem?  I am trying to access my security cameras and it say a static ip address is required

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i get a static IP address for my 4gLTE usb modem?  I am trying to access my security cameras and it say a static ip address is required
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Here are your options for obtaining a static/public IP address:

1. Purchase a static IP from VZW for around $500.00

2. Install and configure a VPN

3. Switch service providers to one that offers you such a service for free/cheap

IP cameras have always been a limitation of the VZW network in regards to remote access.  They should work fine locally on the VZW devices LAN connection but that's not usually how most people want to access the cameras.

If you are interested in staying with VZW then you would need to invest in a USB router, hopefully one that comes with an automatic VPN feature.  Sometimes you cannot find all of that in one device so you need to get a USB router and then a 2nd VPN router to connect the IP cameras to.  As long as the VPN is routed to a server with a normal public IP and configurable ports you will be good to go.  Just connect your remote PC to the same VPN server and BAM, workaround complete.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how do i get a static IP address for my 4gLTE usb modem?  I am trying to access my security cameras and it say a static ip address is required
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RobD12345,

We definitely want you to have access to your security cameras! We are happy to work with you to set up a static IP. There is a one time setup fee of $500.00 for Static IPs and if your account is not already, will need to be set up  as a business account. Please send a private message if you would like to continue on with this process.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Here are your options for obtaining a static/public IP address:

1. Purchase a static IP from VZW for around $500.00

2. Install and configure a VPN

3. Switch service providers to one that offers you such a service for free/cheap

IP cameras have always been a limitation of the VZW network in regards to remote access.  They should work fine locally on the VZW devices LAN connection but that's not usually how most people want to access the cameras.

If you are interested in staying with VZW then you would need to invest in a USB router, hopefully one that comes with an automatic VPN feature.  Sometimes you cannot find all of that in one device so you need to get a USB router and then a 2nd VPN router to connect the IP cameras to.  As long as the VPN is routed to a server with a normal public IP and configurable ports you will be good to go.  Just connect your remote PC to the same VPN server and BAM, workaround complete.

0 Likes