Highlighted

Unlocked Galaxy S9

Other than wifi calling and visual voicemail, what other features will I sacrifice by going with an unlocked S9+ on Verizon's network? I've gotten mixed opinions about losing HD calling, video calling, mobile hotspot and 3G signal? I'm tired of the bloat, Verizon's disabling of Samsung features and really bummed that Verizon wants to charge $90 more for their version. Would love to hear from some unlocked S8 owners on Verizon and what they've noticed. Thanks

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Unlocked Galaxy S9

dave1997​ Here is what I've found for the Samsung UNLOCKED Galaxy S9 purchased directly from Samsung:

1. WiFi Calling

2. HD Calling

3. Video Calling

4. Visual Voicemail

Ther are certain apps that you cannot use from Samsung if you use the Verizon variant of the S8/S9. Those include:

1. Samsung Cloud (Verizon blocks it completely and wants you to pay to use their Verizon Cloud app)

2. Caller ID (Again, Verizon blocks it completely and wants you to pay to use their Caller ID app)

3. Device Maintenance (Again, Verizon blocks it completely and wants you to pay to use their Total Mobile Protection app)

4. Samsung Visual Voicemail (Again, Verizon blocks it completely and wants you to use - and potentially pay for - their Visual Voicemail app)

5. Samsung's Find My Mobile (I think this is part of Verizon's Total Mobile Protection, which as I stated above, Verizon wants you to pay for)

This is directly from the Samsung Community Reply posts.