Total Mobile Protection - Asurion

NICWIL45

I dropped my phone in water. Verizon rep says s/b covered. Asurion has declined claim 4X online I tried to file. I can't get any help. No access to a phone now and cannot get this resolved through total mobile protection.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Total Mobile Protection - Asurion

sprmankalel
Leader

Asurion absolutely cover water damage but you must be paying the premium on your Verizon bill before a claim is made.

NICWIL45​, call Asurion directly at 1-888-881-2622. You can call from ANY phone. Even go to the Verizon store and ask them to let you use their phone to call.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

NICWIL45,

Having a working phone is important. Since Asurion processes all insurance replacements, they would be your next best step. You can have a representative reach out to you via Conact Us: http://spr.ly/6584D32ln

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

boringusername

I don't think Asurion covers water damage. For a lot less than paying for insurance you can get a really good waterproof case. I've have smartphones for over 7 years and never have had insurance. Waste of money.

0 Likes
Highlighted

sprmankalel
Leader

Asurion absolutely cover water damage but you must be paying the premium on your Verizon bill before a claim is made.

NICWIL45​, call Asurion directly at 1-888-881-2622. You can call from ANY phone. Even go to the Verizon store and ask them to let you use their phone to call.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

NICWIL45

Actually they do cover it and  I have been paying for it. They said I didn't select water damage but it wasn't an option. I selected the closest thing as far as electrical damage. Asurion created the claim for me, I uploaded the affadavit yesterday and I'll have a new phone by the end of the day today. I shall look into the waterproof cases though for sure! I have the Otter Commuter case currently

Mike760

I used to not ever get insurance ever too, until I dropped my LG G5 in the case and the screen cracked spiderweb looking. Had to pay it off and get another phone. Now I pay for the Insurance.

boringusername

Mike760 wrote:

I used to not ever get insurance ever too, until I dropped my LG G5 in the case and the screen cracked spiderweb looking. Had to pay it off and get another phone. Now I pay for the Insurance.

Sounds like a cheap case. $11 for 24 months plus $100 at least detectable=$364. You can get a pretty destructible case for FAR less than that. My limit on a phone is $20 a month so if I paid $11 for insurance that means gettign a $9 a month phone which at that point insurance is pointless.

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

boringusername wrote:

Mike760 wrote:

Sounds like a cheap case. $11 for 24 months plus $100 at least detectable=$364. You can get a pretty destructible case for FAR less than that. My limit on a phone is $20 a month so if I paid $11 for insurance that means gettign a $9 a month phone which at that point insurance is pointless.

That is just YOUR opinion. I am gathering that you don't like insurance and that is fine.

However, it does now cover a $29 screen repair on select devices. The coverage is not evil and not all customer have a $20 limit per month on devices. I ran with insurance on all my 7 devices at one point. I would rather have that and know that it is covered than not and then something happens. Also, since the users were paying for their own lines, they all decided to have it because it covers an extended warranty after the first year. So, you have a DPP and your phone is 13 months old and the microphone stops working. Do you want to pay the balance of the DPP to be able to upgrade or would you rather Verizon send you a no charge warranty replacement? You can't shoot down the coverage for all because you don't like it. Others, like me, know all of the benefits and decide to have it.

0 Likes

boringusername

sprmankalel wrote:

boringusername wrote:

Mike760 wrote:

That is just YOUR opinion. I am gathering that you don't like insurance and that is fine.

However, it does now cover a $29 screen repair on select devices. The coverage is not evil and not all customer have a $20 limit per month on devices. I ran with insurance on all my 7 devices at one point. I would rather have that and know that it is covered than not and then something happens. Also, since the users were paying for their own lines, they all decided to have it because it covers an extended warranty after the first year. So, you have a DPP and your phone is 13 months old and the microphone stops working. Do you want to pay the balance of the DPP to be able to upgrade or would you rather Verizon send you a no charge warranty replacement? You can't shoot down the coverage for all because you don't like it. Others, like me, know all of the benefits and decide to have it.

Yes it's MY opinion and I'm entitled to it just like you are entitled to yours.Yes insurance is a waste of money and I have saved thousands of $$ over the years. Take the money you would have paid in premiums and deductible and save it and IF your phone breaks you have enough to pay off your old phone and get a new one. Not a refurb like Asurion will send you.

0 Likes