Tech Coach Agents - Lack of knowledge

chipp7

I had a very simple request that should have taken less than 60 seconds to solve and instead took over 40 MINUTES to figure out. I requested to see a receipt for a phone I purchased back in 2017. The 2 tech coaches I spoke to (Merle and Morgan),  ultimately were unable to locate said receipt with a combined wait time of about 35 minutes. I was connected to Customer Care which promptly directed me to a drop-down menu link for receipts in the Verizon website. This took less than 2 minutes. Why I am paying for a service for the tech coach app when the agents don't know what the heck they are talking about???? And on top of that, I was waiting to receive the tech coach survey which will ask how my experience was, but for some reason THIS TIME, I did not get it. Gee.... I wonder why??? So your survey is rigged to be filled out when you have positive experiences only? So disappointed....

0 Likes

Re: Tech Coach Agents - Lack of knowledge

glitchedpixel

Since when was looking up a receipt tech support?

If I go to the store and ask the deli section about meat, they'd know. If I did the same in produce, they'd be confused.

Highlighted

chipp7

Hey  glitchedpixel

Please don't comment or show your ignorance if you don't know what the tech coach app is. It's a paid service and looking up information is part of what they do. Otherwise, they would have immediately connected me to another department. 

0 Likes

Asurion_Official
Verified Partner

Hi @chipp7,

We definitely understand your frustrations. Our mission is to always provide our customers with a great and quick experience! Tech Coach is primarily here to provide technical support, but we should have been able to point you in the right direction to get the information you needed. In regards to the survey, typically, they are sent by the automated system after a completed call. However, if you were transferred to Verizon Customer Care, that would be one reason a survey was not sent.  If you want to DM us your phone number we can take a deeper look into this so that we can share your experience for coaching purposes. Rest assured, we truly appreciate your feedback as it helps continue to grow and provide the best service.  

- Asurion Social Media Team

0 Likes

chipp7

Thank you for responding. If the tech coach app does not support my issue of wanting to obtain a receipt from a previous purchase, why did both agents spend time trying to do this for me rather than just connect me to customer care right away???? If I am paying you money for a service, shouldn't I get the service I am paying for? In this case, I just should have told that the tech coach does not handle this and I should have been immediately been told where to go to solve my issue.

0 Likes

Asurion_Official
Verified Partner

We totally understand your sentiments. Thank you again for being a valued customer! Let us know if the is anything we can do to assist. 

-Asurion Social Media Team

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Was there a reason why you didn't check your MyVerizon account online first before reaching out to the tech support? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

chipp7

I did check before I contacted them. The information I was looking for was there but the link was dead when I clicked on it. Therefore, that prompted me to use the tech coach app. By the way, the tech coach people tell me I can contact them for anything regarding my Verizon service. If they cannot help me, they say they will find someone who can. So this notion that you can only call them for tech-related issues is wrong.

0 Likes

bearone21
Leader

tech coaches work problems with phones, not billing/accounting issues!!

0 Likes

chipp7

Did you read the thread bearone21 ??? Why then did TWO agents try and solve my issue rather than just pass me on the correct department?? Please read before you comment.

0 Likes