Re: Software ver. N910VVRU2CPG2 for 6.0.01

Verizon Employee

Having a device not work properly after a software update is terrible, The_Sim.  Have you tried to do the wipe cache partition as suggested by Ann154. She is correct in saying that when an operating system is updated sometimes the remnants of the old operating system can remain causing the issues that you described. Please try wiping the cache partition and let us know if that helps you. Here is how:

•    Turn off your device.

•    Press Power, Volume Up and Home simultaneously

•    Wait until the phone vibrates and then release Power and Home

•    You should now see the recovery screen. Use the volume buttons to move and select Wipe Cache Partition.

•    Press the Power button to confirm.

•    Select Reboot System Now and again, hit Power to confirm.

•    Wait until your Note 4 reboots.

AllisonC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Novice

I have wiped system cache partition, but no improvement. Seems to be

getting worse. Frequent hangs and spontaneous reboots, boot loops and

occasional boot failure. Almost seems like a hardware error (internal ram

failure?) is at fault, but I don't understand why it would suddenly be

occurring (along with so many others), the hardware has not been damaged in

any way. I have backed up all my files in case the device stops functioning

completely.

As we have all mentioned, we have already wiped the system cache partition, and many, including myself have also done a hard reset and deleted everything.  It is now crashing/rebooting 8-10 times per day.  My phone is barely over a year old (bought brand new from Verizon August 2015).  If this is how Samsung is forcing us into upgrade our devices, I am never buying a Samsung product again.....

Novice

Yeah, it's really terrible! Help! Multiple crashes and restarts daily. Hard

freezes. Etc. What went wrong?

Novice

I used to get 30+ day uptimes between reboots, smooth operation etc no

problem. Now I can barely compose one email without lengthy lags and soft

resets (eg when it hangs then jumps to the lock screen and requires

password entry to get back in). I checked developer options CPU usage and

no apps doing anything unusual - only system server and kswapd0 are most

active. What went wrong?

Expert

What is the application associated with "kswapd0"?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Novice

Kswapd0 is a system/kernel app

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

The_Sim, I am sorry to hear that you're still having ongoing issues with the device. We appreciate your efforts, including attempting wiping the cache partition. I know it can be quite annoying to experience issues after an update of your device. I would suggest completing a factory reset of your phone to wipe the software and start fresh. Click here for instructions: Factory Data Reset (Powered Off) - Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | Verizon Wireless  

Please be sure to back your device up with Verizon Cloud before resetting, as all information will be deleted and need to be restored. Verizon Cloud | Verizon Wireless

Thank you,

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

As we have all mentioned, we have all wiped the cache, and have done a factory hard reset, and it's still happening (it's getting worse).  It seems like only the original poster is being acknowledged.  Does everyone with the same problem need to start their own new post for Samsung to admit there is a problem?

I can't see this problem ever being fixed if there is no acknowledgement that there is indeed a software problem with the latest update...

Leader

Then I guess you don't want a working phone. You

0 Likes