Highlighted

Insurance won't cover a Google Pixel 2 XL screen repair

WRITESAID

At least they don't as of early May. I live in Washington, DC, and checked Manhattan and San Francisco, so if none of those markets have coverage, I'm assuming it's no where.

I realize I should have looked at the fine print more closely, but I didn't expect the bait and switch from Verizon so I signed up for the service under the assumption Verizon would provide the advertised coverage for a major brand. And, yes, I know Asurion provides the insurance, but I bought it through Verizon, I pay Verizon, and Verizon chose to affiliate with Asurion knowing they'd provide less than full service, so they both get my blame.

At this time, if you crack the glass on your phone, your only option is $199 deductible for a new phone. Given that UBreakIFix will fix it for $219, you're losing money fast on this insurance.

The really sweet detail is that the local UBreakIFix does work on Iphones and Samsungs for Asurion, and they can repair screens on the Pixel 2, but Asurion has just decided to not provide that service.

If you're looking at the insurance, check the fine print, then check the phoneclaim.com/Verizon website to see what your deductible will be before you sign up for TMP.

My question for Verizon is, are you going to make Asurion provide the coverage you're advertising?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Insurance won't cover a Google Pixel 2 XL screen repair

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

WRITESAID wrote:

At this time, if you crack the glass on your phone, your only option is $199 deductible for a new phone.

Actually, it is for a refurbished phone.