Exceeded device replacement limit

Danile666

So I am pretty upset .I have had almost all the issues with the Google pixels in the last few years. First we couldn't go a month without having the volume issue on replacement phones, but ultimately we wound up getting some phones that worked for a while. 

Until last night. My wife's phone is now stuck in the infinite reboot loop.  I cannot factory reset or anything, it all fails. 

I contacted support and was told it qualified for replacement. And then was told those devices we replaced made us exceed the limit so they will not honor my warranty. 

This is hedging on fraud tbh. Why take all this money from me for all this time if you had no intention of honoring it?

Anyone have any luck getting the limit overidden?

Re: Exceeded device replacement limit

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@Danile666 wrote:

So I am pretty upset .I have had almost all the issues with the Google pixels in the last few years. First we couldn't go a month without having the volume issue on replacement phones, but ultimately we wound up getting some phones that worked for a while. 

Until last night. My wife's phone is now stuck in the infinite reboot loop.  I cannot factory reset or anything, it all fails. 

I contacted support and was told it qualified for replacement. And then was told those devices we replaced made us exceed the limit so they will not honor my warranty. 

This is hedging on fraud tbh. Why take all this money from me for all this time if you had no intention of honoring it?

Anyone have any luck getting the limit overidden?

Go directly to Google.   

I’ve had all 3 pixels.   My son and I have the 3xl now.  No problems at all.  

0 Likes

bearone21
Leader

time for a new phone after that many replacements.

0 Likes

jcbzhnsr

I experienced the same issue today, was unaware of the CLNR limit. To add, received quite the sarcasm over their chat option from the reps(luckily I've saved the conversation). Unprofessional, and to boot, they suggested I make a  claim through insurance(wouldn't this be fraud, as the phone is neither lost nor stolen, let alone damaged? on top of the deductible I'd need to pay?). Although I'm certain they do this often, it's difficult to see staying with their service. Anyone know if Verizon is a good option with their new plans? I'm ready to drop off of Verizon after 14 years.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

jcbzhnsr, seeing you depart the Verizon family after 14 years is quite a sad turn of events. Hearing about the treatment that you have experienced is quite unacceptable. You deserve to be treated in a respectful and professional matter. It is vital that we take the most effective route in replacing your device. Just like many other wireless providers, we do have a warranty replacement limit, however, we have cost-effective methods to get you a working phone. Making inaccurate insurance claims is definitely not recommended and the treatment described is unacceptable, so I want to make sure I grab your review for feedback. What is going on with your current device? What model do you have? Does your device have any physical damage? Aside from the warranty replacement, were there any other concerns that has lead you to your consideration of switching?

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes

jcbzhnsr

The microphone is intermittent(callers and recipients cannot hear me). It was advised(or more so I guess suggested) that make a claim through insurance, but the deductible is $100.00. I'm not willing to pay anopther fee, while I'm paying for the extended warranty every month. I will say I'm pleased this occurred, as I've found for unlimited services of my four lines the price is much cheaper through two ther service providers.

A limit on replacements while I continue to pay for extended warranty service seems a whole lot like taking advantage of a customer. Why would the customer be charged monthly for something that not available to them. I haven't been notified I was at my limit, and now have fallen under the large group of customers that have had many many many issues with a omdel Verizon so passionately displayed as a great device. The approach from Verizon that I can simply pay-my-way into yet another phone, is insulting.

Note that my frustration is not with you. I realize you are trying to remedy an issue within your abilities/authorization. But the hours I spent on the phone and on chat only to be told I needed to pay more is a major trust-killer for me. This kind of tactic only presents a reader with the notion that the provider is taking advantage of it's customers. From$900-1000 phone purchases, to $300.00 a month bills for years, you'd expect a decent reciprocation, at least in-line with the contractual obligations between both parties.

0 Likes

jcbzhnsr

To answer your previous question(rant session, apologies), zero damage to phone, Droid Turbo 2(this will be my third replacement I believe, similar issues with the phones they sent in refurbished condition over time). My son also has the same model, and he needed his replaced once for non-operation after a few months of purchase.

As for other reasons I'd like to cancel my services after 14 years, please see previous reply, and the notion that I'm not getting a fair deal in comparison to competitor's options and services.

0 Likes