Asurion is a joke

Abc122

Ok, so there was nothing wrong with my Galaxy S9 until I dropped it and the corner screen cracked.  Phone still worked. Sent it to Asurion for a screen replacement. They sent it back after 1 week stating they couldn't fix my phone and to call for an explanation.  I called and they told me that they couldn't fix my screen because it had water damage, there were scratches on the back of the phone and the paint was rubbed off on the fingerprint sensor. That's normal wear and tear. I've never had my phone in or near water and I have always had my phone in a case. The scratches were not caused by me. The scratches are actually under the clear backing so Asurion had to have put them there when the took my phone apart. And when they put my phone back together, they didnt secure the back of the phone and there is a gap now. I told them all of this and they denied that they did anything to my phone and wanted me to buy a replacement.  All I wanted was my screen replaced.  They said they cant fix the screen if the phone has other damage.  BUT MY PHONE WASNT DAMAGED! They said the paint rubbed off on the fingerprint sensor is considered damage.  I read thru all of their policy and procedures and there was nothing in there that stated the phone has to be like brand new. And when I filled out the claim form, it did not ask what condition my phone was in, if there was any other damage etc. Even if my phone was "damaged", just fix my screen! It's a scam!

So I went thru 3 different Asurion reps. I told them I was going to file a complaint. I asked him for email or address and he stated that he would take my complaint. I laughed and said no, I will file a formal complaint.  He then said I could talk to the CEO. Really, the CEO will talk to ME, at 7pm. Wow! I refused of course. I have also read others state they they were also denied screen replacement because of "water damage" and other ridiculous reason.  So here's the first step of filing a complaint. I will follow through with Verizon and the BBB. 

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Re: Asurion is a joke

bearone21
Leader

"Ok, so there was nothing wrong with my Galaxy S9 until I dropped it"

asurion has never covered screen cracks.

0 Likes

Abc122

What do you mean? Asurion is supposed to repair cracked screens with a $29 deductible.  

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want you to have a working device so you can get the most from Verizon Wireless service, Abc122. I am glad to hear that your device has insurance due to the recent drop but am concerned with how the process is being handled. We do not have access to Asurion’s systems granted they are a third-party insurance company. I understand that you now have the phone in your possession and would like to further inspect the device. Here is a link which will show how to identify water damage as well as other device conditions which would be considered damaged: http://spr.ly/6606Eseeo  Are you currently using a working device? I look forward to hearing back and further assisting.

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes

bearone21
Leader

i don't where you got that info but it's innaccurate.

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Screen repair is included under Total Equipment Coverage, i.e.,

• $29 unlimited cracked-screen repair for select smartphones and subject to parts availability*

from  Equipment Coverage FAQs

Abc122

Yes I am currently using the phone.  After Asurion sent my phone back to me and refused to replace the cracked screen, I canceled the insurance. There was no need to pay for it if I couldn't use it. I will access the link you provided. 

Abc122

bearone21

I think your information is inaccurate but thanks anyways Screenshot_20190629-214433_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes

Asurion_Official
Verified Partner

We definitely understand your frustrations and we'd be happy to take a  deeper look into this for you. Typically, scratches wouldn't be considered further damage. Please send us a private message with your claim number and contact information. 

0 Likes

Abc122

How do I send a private message?

0 Likes