Fios TV - how do I disable the new preview screen that pops up when I turn the cable on. It has the time in the lower right corner, plus a preview
kurt87

For the past two weeks or so, when I turn on  Fios TV box I get a new screen.    It has  the time in the lower right corner, an advertisement for something, and tells me to press OK to continue.  If I press OK it takes me to some user menu that neither want nor need.  How do I disable this thing so I can go directly to the last channel selected?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV - how do I disable the new preview screen that pops up when I turn the cable on. It has the time in the lower right corner, plus a previe
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kurt87 wrote:

For the past two weeks or so, when I turn on  Fios TV box I get a new screen.    It has  the time in the lower right corner, an advertisement for something, and tells me to press OK to continue.  If I press OK it takes me to some user menu that neither want nor need.  How do I disable this thing so I can go directly to the last channel selected?

Look here and disable promotions:

Main Menu > Settings > Notifications > Promotions

Also look here;

Main Menu > Settings > System > FiOS TV One Mini Settings>Screensaver Posters

View solution in original post

Re: Fios TV - how do I disable the new preview screen that pops up when I turn the cable on. It has the time in the lower right corner, plus a previe
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kurt87 wrote:

Look here and disable promotions:

Main Menu > Settings > Notifications > Promotions

Also look here;

Main Menu > Settings > System > FiOS TV One Mini Settings>Screensaver Posters