old community account

jrh0828
Novice

I can't login to new communityusing my previous username/community name so I'm not recognized for all my previous participation.  I was at the platinum level.  Now I'm shown as a novice.  What is the fix for this?

Re: old community account

Ann154
Power User

How are you logged in with this community profile?  Are you signed in with a username tied to your My Verizon account?  Was the other community username a community only ID?  If it was a community only ID, you needed to reset your password in order to log in to the new community with a community only ID. https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Getting-Started-Guide/m-p/1089528

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

jrh0828
Novice

My old login was both for the community and my VZW account.  I chose the community login before loging in.

Ann154
Power User

@jrh0828 wrote:

My old login was both for the community and my VZW account.  I chose the community login before loging in.

The ranking names are different from the previous forum platform.  How each person's ranking is calculated might be different too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

You need to log in as a My Verizon member.

0 Likes

jrh0828
Novice

I did that, but I still wasn't recognized as a Platinum level previous community member.

Ann154
Power User

It might be how you had interacted with the community before. If you had marked many posts as helpful or received a lot of your posts as helpful. On this community platform, that option isn't available so those "points" weren't counted or weighted as heavily as say accepted solutions.

0 Likes

jrh0828
Novice

This is a possiblity.  It still doesn't explain not being recognized as a previous user with some points. 

Ann154
Power User

@jrh0828 wrote:

This is a possiblity.  It still doesn't explain not being recognized as a previous user with some points. 

It happened to all of us in various degrees with this change.  It happened back in 2011 when this community switch originally from Lithium to Jive platform.