Why do we need a new Community?

jrh4054

Gee, VZW has announced the first phase of a new Community that is coming tomorrow.  Is this another classic case of fixing something that isn't broken?  I think so.

Re: Why do we need a new Community?

Ann154
Expert

The platform (Jive) used here was sold to Lithium in 2017. The community is being migrated to the Lithium platform. In some ways, the community is actually returning to its original platform as it was originally created using the Lithium platform.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, Ann154. We are looking forward to seeing you there with your wise advice and unlimited knowledge about all things Verizon! Have a great night.

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Trying to remember how I used to interact with this community when it was on the Lithium platform has been challenging, but it is slowing coming back to me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Doc_Holiday

it has been a while since I've logged in to the community. When I attempted to login with my community only username and password, it didn't recognize my login. I can login with my Verizon Member login, but my account username shows instead of my community name. Is this the new system going forward? I've noticed some of the users still have their names as I previously remember them by. TIA.

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

The first time you attempt to log in with your community-only credentials, you need to reset your password.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Getting-Started-Guide/m-p/1089528

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

@jrh4054 wrote:

Gee, VZW has announced the first phase of a new Community that is coming tomorrow.  Is this another classic case of fixing something that isn't broken?  I think so.

Hey @jrh4054 We hope that you are enjoying the new platform and finding your way around easily... Please let us know if we can assist you with your onboarding? We have a few documents that you might find helpful and I have provided a link to one below and the other resource is the "help" section in the community navigation. This project to migrate to this platform and to upgrade our design was really fixing something that was on its way to breaking. Our old platform was significantly outdated and I am sure you have seen the updates to our design so in addition to being on a legacy platform we also were not compliant with our brand standard, hence this project. 

At any rate, we do hope you are finding your way around and enjoying the new platform. Please refer to our getting started guide if you have additional questions or feel free to post questions in this board.

0 Likes