Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

What does it mean if a post is locked?

Khines5705

What does it mean if a discussion is marked as locked? Nobody can comment on it further? Who locks it? Why?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: question about the forums

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Here it is:

A post might be locked if say, the question was marked correct early on, but people kept adding to the thread needlessly, like going off topic or starting a fuss amongst themselves.  Sometimes a thread is locked because the thread is so old that the original issue is no longer an issue, because a fix or patch or other solution has become widely available.  There are many reasons I suppose, but those I have seen more than others.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Expert

The discussion would be locked to prevent new or additional replies. There are a number of reasons why a discussion is locked. It was an old thread and the information is outdated. The discussion could have gone off topic, user starting attacking the others, or it was a discussion about one or more of topics considered a Terms of Service violation. As far as I know, the average user can't lock a discussion thread. My best guess is someone who has administration rights on the community makes the discussion to lock the discussions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Ahhhh, your thread showed back up.  Just insert the same thing I told you before here as my reply.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Here it is:

A post might be locked if say, the question was marked correct early on, but people kept adding to the thread needlessly, like going off topic or starting a fuss amongst themselves.  Sometimes a thread is locked because the thread is so old that the original issue is no longer an issue, because a fix or patch or other solution has become widely available.  There are many reasons I suppose, but those I have seen more than others.

View solution in original post

Khines5705

Snn5 thank you for answering my question earlier when my post was in limbo somewhere. LOL

(also, thanks for the birthday wishes, my pizza party was great!)

Ann154
Expert

Khines5705 wrote:

Snn5 thank you for answering my question earlier when my post was in limbo somewhere. LOL

(also, thanks for the birthday wishes, my pizza party was great!)

It was probably in limbo somewhere because you asked the question in the wrong space and it was reported to the Moderators requesting it be moved to the correct space aka the Suggestions for this Community space. Since the thread is now in the Suggestions space, they must have moved it. If you have a question about how the community works you should always check the Suggestions space before asking just in case someone else asked it earlier.

And I had a typo in my earlier post (which is also correct information). The corrected sentence is "My best guess is someone who has administration rights on the community makes the decision to lock the discussions."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

WildKatt

Lol because this isn't locked! 😸

0 Likes

KH-Ornah

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes