Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Re: What are badges

I received an email saying I earned another badge...don't know what they are or what they are good for.

0 Likes

Customer Support

wpwalters73, we are here to help, as we always want you to understand the emails that we send you. Can you please provide us more details of what the email states? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes

You just earned a new badge!

HBrand4950_0-1582831465804.png

Avid Returner I

I can see that Verizon is not too keen on answering your question!  I have the Avid Returner badge also, but no idea what it is.  With no explanation with the notice and nobody responding to your message, I'm going to speculate that it means absolutely nothing!

Expert

The badges are awarded based on various types of participation in the community forum.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Rank-Up-and-Earn-Rewards/m-p/110628...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

I agree

0 Likes

I just got the avid returner badge. But I have never posted in the community forum until this post. I have had to call Verizon many times in the last 2 weeks to resolve various issues. If they didn't keep disconnecting me (on purpose???) and failing to resolve the issues I wouldn't have to call so many times. In fact I hate calling them now because they are totally unable to resolve my issues.  I feel that the number of calls I have made "earned" me the avid returner badge. And I am offended by it. It feels like they are demeaning their own customers with such a badge. I bet they have me on some list now that directs them to hang up on me.

I understand with the pandemic they may be shorthanded or may have some limitations. And I have been ever so polite on each and every call. I have almost always responded to each thing they say with a thank or thank you so much. I have had the patience of a saint with them. But they are totally incompetent when it comes to customer service. There is a serious problem at Verizon in this regard. At one point I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor. They wouldn't let me!! I was told the supervisor would just say the same thing. Can you imagine having an issue at a store or restaurant and you ask to speak to a manager and are told you can't because they would say the same thing as the person you are dealing with??

Avid returner? I sure am. Because you never resolve my issues. I have better things to do. However I am forced to advocate for myself as a customer because I currently don't have voice mail notifications and in my business that costs me money. In my last conversation I had with Verizon the person I spoke with told me to download an app for voice mail as a solution. why! It wasn't even a Verizon app. Then I was told there are voice mail notification issues on unlocked phones. Are you kidding me? The website didn't say anything about that when I researched bringing my unlocked phone to Verizon.  In fact I entered my phone ID number on the Verizon website to see if it was compatible. The Verizon website said it was compatible! No mention of potential problems because it was unblocked.

Shame on Verizon for horrible customer service, lack of reliability, lack of caring, lack of ability to resolve  customer issues, dishonesty and demeaning it's own customers. If you are considering using Verizon DON'T.

And Verizon, don't you dare reply to this message with some phony, fake message about you caring about me and and about you wanting  to resolve the issue and saying you're sorry. Fix the problem!!

"Happy customers are your biggest advocates and can become your most successful sales team." Lisa Masiello

"Good customer service costs less than bad customer service." Sally Gronow

"Customer service shouldn't just be a department, it should be the entire company." Tony Hsieh

"A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well." Jeff Bezos

Seems I got another badge this morning. Avid Returner II. Lovely.

0 Likes

Hi DoctorMusic

The community badges are based on activity within the community forum only, no activity with Support agents outside of the community are tallied into these badges.

Community badges are a form of reward for activity on the community since the purpose of the community is to promote peer to peer interaction and discussion. We hope that all users can come to the community not only to receive assistance with issues that they may be having with their devices but to have a discuss about those devices and Verizon services.

As for the badges that you've mentioned, Avid Returner I and II are based on how many times you've come back to the community. You can see a list of the badges on the community, which ones you've earned and which you haven't, and get a sense of what it takes to each badge based on their names and icons by visiting your community profile page then clicking on the View All Badges link in the top right of the page.

0 Likes