Locking Answered Posts

jav6

How about Locking automatically Answered posts so years later someone can't start adding comments/new issues?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Locking Answered Posts

Ann154
Expert

I'm not sure if the current platform format allows for automatically locking answered discussions after a certain time period. I know the previous platform didn't seem to have that option as there were spurts of the administration locking hundreds of discussions every few months or so. 

The best way to let the Admins know a discussion is old and should be locked is to report it to the Admins. If someone has replied to an old thread, report that post and indicate the thread is old, to lock it, and depending on the content of the new post suggest if it should be branched out into a new question. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

I'm not sure if the current platform format allows for automatically locking answered discussions after a certain time period. I know the previous platform didn't seem to have that option as there were spurts of the administration locking hundreds of discussions every few months or so. 

The best way to let the Admins know a discussion is old and should be locked is to report it to the Admins. If someone has replied to an old thread, report that post and indicate the thread is old, to lock it, and depending on the content of the new post suggest if it should be branched out into a new question. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

boringusername

I think ANY post that hasn't had a reply in a year should be locked. Any post that was started more than 2 years ago period should be locked. I've seen a lot of post lately from people responding to threads that haven't had replies in as many as 7 years. Like any information from 2012 is even relevant.

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

@jav6 ... to report a post to the Admins, tap the hamburger menu (the three bars) in the upper right-hand corner of a post and in the drop-down, go to the bottom and click Report Inappropriate Content.  In the Notify Moderator of Inappropriate Content box, type what you think is wrong with the post (old thread that needs locking, for example) and then click Notify Moderator.

Ann154
Expert

@boringusername wrote:

I think ANY post that hasn't had a reply in a year should be locked. Any post that was started more than 2 years ago period should be locked. I've seen a lot of post lately from people responding to threads that haven't had replies in as many as 7 years. Like any information from 2012 is even relevant.

If you see someone replying to an old thread, report to the administrators. How else will they know about it? 

0 Likes

jav6

I would think Moderators/Administrators monitoring this forum would see the post.

I have started 'Reporting' those new posts to old threads.  We'll see what happens.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

@jav6 wrote:

I would think Moderators/Administrators monitoring this forum would see the post.

I have started 'Reporting' those new posts to old threads.  We'll see what happens.

Do you really think they read every post here? If they did I would have expected them to hop on to posts asking about the community faster than days later or after the community members mentioning them and requesting them to address. 

0 Likes

boringusername

@Ann154 wrote:

@boringusername wrote:

If you see someone replying to an old thread, report to the administrators. How else will they know about it? 

Well I guess I can spend all day every day for onths coming through every old thread not locked and reporting thing so it gets locked.

0 Likes