Highlighted

How do I login to the community in Jive Mobile?

soho

Sorry for posting in the Galaxy S3 space, but I use the Jive mobile application for other communities and am trying to configure this community on my S3 in my Jive application.  I cannot get logged in.  It complains that the username/password combination is wrong, although I can use this user/pwd combo to connect via my PC and web browser.  What might be the issue?

<Discussion moved from to for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Tags (5)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How do I login to the community in Jive Mobile?

MyTmobile

I think I found it.  When you have a phone account, you establish a username that is unrelated to joining the community.  When you join the Jive community, the username associated with your phone is the one that you can use to login on mobile, not the username you established for the community.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Do you have a community only ID or an username tied to your MyVerizon account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Also if you can, please report this discussion to the moderators to get your question moved to the Suggestions for this Community space.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

soho

Not sure.  I had to sign up for the community after having a verizon account.  When I login, I just login to the phone number and it remembers my community ID.

0 Likes
Highlighted

soho

Sorry, I don't see where I can report anything but abuse.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

The report abuse button will work.

0 Likes
Highlighted

soho

As a community leader yourself, don't you have admin priv's to move a thread?  The abuse button might get someone's attention, but it's not really intended for suggesting content moves.   I wouldn't feel right abusing the abuse report.

0 Likes

jivizon

Looks like this works OK as a Verizon Community Member WITHOUT a Verizon phone account.  Just FYI.

Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

No, I don't have admin rights to move a thread. I would also use the report button to let the moderators know that a thread is in the wrong location. I'm also on the Jive mobile version so I don't have access to report it myself.

You should try your community ID "soho" and password on the Jive mobile version.

If this is also a bug in the system then the Suggestions for this Community space is the best place to group those issues together for the Community Managers to be aware of it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

jivizon

Tried soho but could not get in. You question inspired trying an ID not tied to a phone. The latter works.

0 Likes