Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
How do I change my community account's e-mail address?
vzwarlington

I recently changed the e-mail address on MyVerizon for billing, etc.  I use this account name and password to log into the Verizon Community site.

Now I want to change the e-mail address on Verizon Community discussions.  When I go to my profile to edit details, I cannot change my name or my e-mail address.

How does one change this address?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How do I change my community account's e-mail address?
danw_vzw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi vzwarlington​,

It is an issue with our My Verizon integration.  When you sign up with your My Verizon account it pulls your info from My Verizon and the platform does not allow email addresses to be changed without manually going into the back-end of the system.

Community Member Only accounts should be able to change email addresses without issue.

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader

If the two accounts are linked, I don't think users can edit the information themselves.

danw_vzw - please advise; thanks.

0 Likes
vzwarlington

So then how do we force the system to pull the new value for my e-mail address into my communities profile?  Is there any sort of help desk or ticketing system to request such an operation?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader

That's something for danw_vzw  to address.

0 Likes
danw_vzw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi vzwarlington​,

I can certainly assist you with this.  I just sent you a Direct Message so you can privately send me your new email address.  Please look out for that in your Community inbox.

Thanks tikibar1​ for bringing this to my attention!

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

BrokerT

Is this still an issue? Has it been fixed? I can't find any way to change or update my email address in the forum side!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader

danw_vzw - please assist this user; thanks

danw_vzw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi BrokerT​,

Please look out for a direct message from me and reply with the email address you'd like to change your account to.

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

0 Likes
vzwarlington

@danw_vzw

Why is it necessary for this to be manual process done by a VZW discussion board monitor?  It should be a self-service capability in the discussion board profile!

danw_vzw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi vzwarlington​,

It is an issue with our My Verizon integration.  When you sign up with your My Verizon account it pulls your info from My Verizon and the platform does not allow email addresses to be changed without manually going into the back-end of the system.

Community Member Only accounts should be able to change email addresses without issue.

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes