How about a separate sub-forum for the m8 version of HTC One?

HighDesert
Novice

I have the original HTC One -- the one that came out mid last year -- and I'd rather not have to filter through questions/comments about the m8 which are not relevant to the original HTC One.

The new version is similar but different, so it'll have quirks and/or bugs that aren't found in the original, and vice versa, so seems like it would serve the Community to make a separate forum for the m8 HTC One.

OK mods/admins?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: How about a separate sub-forum for the m8 version of HTC One?

Thanks for your suggestion! A subspace has been created for HTC One M8 .

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Even if there is a separate space for the device, there is no guarantee that the community members will put their discussions in the right space or in the general OS space or another space for a similar phone model.

You will probably still end up wading through multiple discussions on devices you and others don't care about.

I don't think we need a HTC One Max space and yet we have one. I don't think the HTC One (M8) needs one either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

carseller0822
Novice

I agree with you on this. I actually logged into the "suggestions" area to make this suggestion but you beat me to it.

HighDesert
Novice

Ann154 wrote:

Even if there is a separate space for the device, there is no guarantee that the community members will put their discussions in the right space ...

You will probably still end up wading through multiple discussions on devices you and others don't care about.

But...if there is no separate space then we can guarantee that I'll "end up wading through multiple discussions you and others don't care about"....right?  That seems simple...right?

Sure, people are clueless, but based on that logic -- that clueless people will post in the wrong forum -- then there should only be one forum for all phones.  Really?

Highlighted

carseller0822
Novice

Judging from the lack of a VZW response I see that posting any type of feedback or suggestion in a forum labeled "Suggestions for this Community" is a waste of time. Why does VZW even bother having this forum?

Thanks for your suggestion! A subspace has been created for HTC One M8 .

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Since you have created it, please move all the HTC One M8 discussions from the Android space or the HTC One space including the ones not specifically tagged as referring to the HTC One M8.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Where did the reply https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1105465#1105465 go? It was delivered to my email inbox.

0 Likes

B33
Sr. Leader

It's nice to see that this was taken care.. but wished it could of happen a bit wii bit sooner.Smiley Happy b33

B33
Sr. Leader

Not to ask a Weird Question?   but were did the Sub - Forum for the M8 Go!   After it was asked and was taken care in a Nice form and a M8 Avatar was added to were you could click on it and go Directly to M8 related stuff I see it's no Longer present)  Did Maintenance work that was done on the Forum recently accidentally remove it or was there another reason it disappeared.  I'm not real upset that it's not were it was at for a short time but I would like to see it's returnSmiley Happy.

If it has been moved some were else in the Forum please Let me know were it has been moved to,  Thanks b33

0 Likes