Highlighted

Re: Getting Error "Page is unavailable. The page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist."

Expert

Part of the reason there is a community inbox is get the user out of using email notifications and to read and respond to community posts in the site. In the community inbox you can see the entire thread to read in context, like posts, and reply to posts all in same location.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Getting Error "Page is unavailable. The page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist."

Novice

Ann154 wrote:

Part of the reason there is a community inbox is get the user out of using email notifications and to read and respond to community posts in the site. In the community inbox you can see the entire thread to read in context, like posts, and reply to posts all in same location.

Not everyone wants to be working that way though. I want to get some work done during my spare time!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Personally I got less done with work and personal spent here when I was getting more email notifications for posts here.  With the constant notifications, I was distracted from my real work.  I am much more efficient to get through my 50+ messages a day on this community forum through the community inbox.  I know I have gone through more then that in less than an hour from the Community inbox on my lunch hour.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Novice

Ann154 wrote:

Personally I got less done with work and personal spent here when I was getting more email notifications for posts here.  With the constant notifications, I was distracted from my real work.  I am much more efficient to get through my 50+ messages a day on this community forum through the community inbox.  I know I have gone through more then that in less than an hour from the Community inbox on my lunch hour.

I'll try this out for a bit for this and the other two communities I am involved with.  I can see how it might save time.

It would still be nice if the community waited a lot longer before logging a person out.  Once you are logged in, clicking on the link in an e-mail works perfectly.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The logging out issue is directly related to the login timeout for the MyVerizon account login. If you use a community login only, one can stay logged in for days at a time as long as you don't clear out your browser's data and cookies. Since I use a community login and not one associated with the MyVerizon account, I don't have the problem with the system logging me out.

Now if the community management can fix the timeout for logins associated with the users' MyVerizon accounts, that would be helpful to those users.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Funny you should mention that because I was going to mention this too: I did try to log in using my community profile and it wouldn’t let me. The password (which I expected to be the same as My Verizon) was incorrect and when I tried to find out the password using the reset password link it said that it was controlled by LDAP. Lucky I know what LDAP is although it doesn’t help me to fix the problem!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi BarryGraham,

We've fixed an issue with our My Verizon Community login that I've tested and seems to be working correctly.  Can you please test this and confirm that you're able to log in normally?

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

As far as I know, users only have one login method. You can either login with your MyVerizon account credentials or a community only login. Once registered for one type you can register for the other as it will create two separate usernames which a person isn't allowed to have here if I understand the Terms of Service here.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

I meant to write you CAN'T register for the other login type if you are already registered through another login method.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

danw_vzw wrote:

Hi BarryGraham,

We've fixed an issue with our My Verizon Community login that I've tested and seems to be working correctly.  Can you please test this and confirm that you're able to log in normally?

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

danw_vzw I don't think it's fixed completely.  Here's why. If I log in while looking at a message, it takes me to the community page after the successful login.  This is better than before, but usually when you log in on a forum page, it takes to back to the page you were at before the login.

0 Likes