Highlighted

Fix/Simplify Forum Login Procedures

I have found recently that simply logging into these forums is a giant honking headache. Permit me to explain:

I subscribe to the Droid X support forum RSS feed. The feed shows only the main topics and not the comments. I therefore have to access the Verizon forum to read any attached submissions.

When clicking through to the forum, I am presented the correct page but arrive signed out of my account. When I log into the forum at the Sign In header at the top of the screen, the forum tells me it cannot recognize my information and forbids access.

I then have to back out of the forums, enter the My Verizon section, sign in there. Once logged into in My Verizon, I have to drill back down to the support forums to get back to the message. Only then do the forums recognize my identity.

I recently discovered this last Saturday, when I couldn't log into the forums at all. I spent an exhausting 2 hours on the phone with a Verizon rep who didn't even know these forums existed. While on hold with the rep, I experimented with the various login pages and figured out what I had to do on my own. I finally spoke to a supervisor who pledged to investigate the issue.

My question is this:

Why can't I login to the forums directly from the forum Sign In page? Why do I have to back up to the My Verizon login to gain access?

Mike

Curiously Frustrated

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Fix/Simplify Forum Login Procedures

Expert

I have never logged in through MyVerizon. I have the forum homepage bookmarked and I sign in (with a community only UserID) from there.
http://community.vzw.com/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

I logged in using your method until about a week ago, when I had to blindly find my way into my current login situation.

Knowing nothing about it, and being unable to derive any info from Verizon support personnel, I thought it was the new login method. Seems now there's a problem with my account.

Guess it'll have to stay that way, as nobody in Verizon seems to know what's going on.

The help page to the right of My Settings includes no "Contact Us" option to get me to a moderator or site support.

The phone numbers listed under My Verizon point to a department that has little or no knowledge of these support forums.

So how do I get this fixed?

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert
I sent a note to the Moderators. Hopefully you should get a private message from one of them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader
I've always used separate log ins for MyVerizon and the forums. I don't even try to combine the two.

What I find interesting is that many of the store and phone reps have no knowledge of the boards and the wealth of information here. Some of them could learn a lot here!!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I moved this to this forum because I believe it will get noticed because the original post has been marked as solved already...

Problem is a pain.....  After login into MyVerizon account to check bill and then log back out, if try to open browser to forum after this the page goes to the Complete Profile page and will not allow me to open any other links on page....   I have to close all my web browsers before it will allow me to log in normally...  It also does this reverse if I log into forum and then try to log into MyVerizon..

0 Likes
Highlighted

I did receive a personal message from Paul-D. Apparently, he's looking into the issue.

Still no resolution as yet.

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Is there a reason the cookies are set to expire so quickly?  Why can't we stay logged in for weeks/months at a time?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

I escalated this issue to our forum administrator. I will respond to you in a PM if we need more information. 

0 Likes
Covid19