Edit and Delete Discussions and Posts

Not applicable

Provide options to edit or delete discussions or posts one has created at any time.

Re: Edit and Delete Discussions and Posts

Expert

You have five minutes after the creation of a post to edit or delete it. It used to be longer, there were people abusing it and it was changed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Not applicable

It would be great if one could edit information which is no longer applicable when there has been a change to something offered by Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes

Expert

The old information can still be applicable as you put it for record purposes of what used to be accurate. If you haven't seen it, some of the old discussions have been locked to new replies because they don't apply anymore or the information contained in them is outdated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Expert

and the post from the Moderator in it.

0 Likes

No.  This would be a bad idea.

Deleting or editing posts after a longer period of time has the possibility of materially changing the context of a thread particularly if a lot of subsequent posts have been made.

If a poster goes back and changes their post, it would potentially make all the following posts nonsensical or skewed.

If you have additional information to add to a thread, you should just do so in the thread without editing the original.

Sr. Leader

Unless you can make the edit before anyone has responded, hence the 5 minute time limit for edits.Smiley Happy

0 Likes

Exactly.

0 Likes

I posted for the first time tonight and my post locked within a minute. (Although maybe I'm on a lucky streak.)

It's kind of a big deal that you cannot edit your own posts.

It's kind of a big deal that you cannot delete your own posts.

It's kind of a big deal that you cannot delete or deactivate your own profile.

Immediate message locking and perpetual account permanency should be made aware to the user by Verizon, without the user's having to search for how to do it, only to find a post from 2014 extolling the virtues of why they cannot.

0 Likes

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes