Delete community account/profile

Can I please have my community account/profile and its posts deleted?  The forums aren't quite as active or functional as I expected they would be.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Re: Delete community account/profile

Expert

Only an administrator can disable a profile. Any posts created by the user would remain in the community forum. 

If you don't want to use the profile, you can also abandon it and not log into it anymore.

In looking at your profile, you only joined the community in the past year and didn't post anything until today. I'm not convinced you actually gave the community a chance for you to see what is posted and who participates. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

I've seen other posters get their profiles deleted without question.  I would appreciate if the same was done for me.

0 Likes

Expert

The profiles are disabled here not deleted. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

You're giving me a lot of answers that aren't actually solutions to my initial question.  I'm hoping an administrator can step in and help me with my initial ask.

0 Likes

I posted for the first time tonight and my post locked within a minute. (Although, maybe I'm on a lucky streak.)

It's kind of a big deal that you cannot edit your own posts.

It's kind of a big deal that you cannot delete your own posts.

It's kind of a big deal that you cannot delete or deactivate or disable your own profile.

This amounts to a flagrant disregard by Verizon for any of their customers' future privacy concerns.

Immediate message locking and perpetual account status (account permanency) should be made aware to the user by Verizon, without the user's having to search for how to do it, only to find a discussion extolling the virtues of why they cannot.

0 Likes

Expert

If you are posting to an old thread then it is completely reasonable for the administration to lock old thread in order to keep the discussions current. 

As noted in another thread you replied to, there is a five minute edit window for posts you created on the site. This is to prevent users from changing or removing posts from the thread to keep the context intact. 

0 Likes