Dedicated Forum Support

Snn5
Sr. Leader

All community contributors,

I propose there be at least one publicly known contact point or user within the Forum and Community that handles issues related to the use of the forum.  Someone to plainly explain rules, functions, navigation, technical issues, etc...  I know that we all depend on each other for help with devices, plans, issues such as that, but we have no one to report forum issues to.  Moderators are behind the scenes regulators, but they aren't users who you can directly interact with. While it is possible to message a mod after following each other, I would think them to be rather busy moderating and not so much engrossed in answering questions. Perhaps someone who does not have to be followed or has to follow you to engage in an active message-type setting.  There are a lot of old-timers here who still don't have answers to some questions in regards to the forum itself.  Most knowledge gained is through trial and error and if any of those questions were answered, the posts are hard to find or contain no follow up.  If such a person or user exists, please correct me. 

Thank you.

0 Likes

Re: Dedicated Forum Support

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Snn5,

We definitely want all Community users to get any and all answers they need!  If you have any questions about Community rules, platform or features, please feel free to send a direct message to this account (DanW_VZW) or either of my colleagues on the Community Management team:lboogie852 and KyleC_VZW.

Thanks!

DanW_VZW

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Hey, thanks a lot!  I really appreciate the contact leads. Smiley Happy   I am still awaiting approval from all 3 of the above mentioned users.  I suppose one might ask as to the resolution of this post Mission - Avid Searcher  Thanks again.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Or answers to any of the other questions posted in the Suggestions for this Community space,please.  Some of those have been left unanswered for a couple of years and still apply today.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Well, there is definitely a lot of action going on today so maybe that's a sign that those in the community support staff are catching up, both with general Verizon questions and community related questions.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

What's that saying? "I'll believe it when I see it."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Well, I have seen a bit of clean up-type post re-locations, which makes more sense, since an Apple iPhone post placed in a Samsung Galaxy S4 space makes it hard for the Apple followers to answer.  In addition to answering "suggestions"-related questions, as you pointed out, I'd like to see correctly answered posts more prominently displayed when a user searches the forum, such as answered questions at the top of the search results for a search string, or at least an icon denoting it has been answered correctly or solved rather than 25 results having "something" to do with the search terms and sifting through all of them to find an answer.  That's what we do here right....answer questions?  I don't know, maybe I'm over-analyzing the categorical organization of all this.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

The post relocations happen almost every day as long as the community members report those misplaced threads so they can be moved. As for the rest, I have been waiting three years for something like that. The saying above still holds true.