Highlighted

Community Homepage - Feedback

John_Getzke
Leader

Just wanted to say thanks for changing back the https://community.verizonwireless.com homepage to the old format.  For a few days it seemed like VZW was going to change how the Unanswered Questions and Recent Content were going to be displayed.  The format they had chosen was the horrible view where all of the posts are gigantic like in the Wireless Service sub forum.

It is much better to have a high and level low detail view on the homepage so we can all see a summary of the last 20 posts or so.  That way we can quickly scan through all the titles/categories and see if any of them are related to our areas of expertise.

Tags (1)

Re: Community Homepage - Feedback

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

I agree that this version is easier to read/navigate than what we had over the weekend.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Actually it looked more like the Activities view (red box with the pulse in it). It kinda nice to see since I rarely go to that view, but I have to agree with you it looked confusing on the front page.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

John_Getzke
Leader

Just when I thought we were over this issue...VZW goes and changes the homepage again.

This new view is much less useful than the previous one.  It does not belong on the homepage.

Ann154
Expert

I missed that when I logged in today. So I just looked again. There is supposed to be an active poll going where you can vote on which version. It isn't quite working yet as I couldn't vote for an option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

The previous homepage was there this morning, but it changed sometime mid-day 'cause when I logged back in this afternoon, this version was there.  I'm not a fan of this version and also haven't been able to cast my vote.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

I prefer the original too - and could not vote.  I like the "compactness" of the original.  The n"new" layout is too spread out - too much to focus and find what I am needing to see.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

It's not just a different look, it works differently.  For example, if you click a thread, it takes you to the top of the thread, so you have to scroll and review the entire thread to find the latest post.  In the previous version, clicking the thread took you to the latest post.

Ann154
Expert

tikibar1 wrote:

It's not just a different look, it works differently.  For example, if you click a thread, it takes you to the top of the thread, so you have to scroll and review the entire thread to find the latest post.  In the previous version, clicking the thread took you to the latest post.

It is essentially the Activities page. https://community.verizonwireless.com/activity

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Correct, and to me, having the homepage with the same layout and functionality is redundant.