Change Forum Email Address

mrsklc

How can I change my email address in the Forums?? I see the Edit Profile button, but there is no way to change/update email addresses.

On Verizon account it is right, just the forum is wrong.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Change Forum Email Address

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Linked accounts can't be edited by users; see   Re: How do I change my community account's e-mail address?

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

When you clicked on Edit Profile, did you then click the Profile Info. tab?  One of the options on that screen is to change the e-mail address.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

mrsklc,

Help is here! We want to make changing your email address a breeze. tiki bar1, thank you for the extra steps. I’m not sure if you have been able to get to the step that tiki bar1 provided. However, please allow me to clarify the steps for you. Please see below.

1.) Sign into account
2.) Click on “Edit Profile”
3.) Click on “Profile info”
4.) The 3rd line down shows Email address area

I hope this has helped. Keep us posted if you run into any speed bumps.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

bmgordon

I have the same problem, I can see my email address but there is no button to "change" it.  Verizon, you are really falling down on the job.

Ann154
Expert

Community accounts linked to their MyVerizon account might not have the option to change the email address since it is populated from the MyVerizon account. If you have a community only ID, then you should be able to change it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzwarlington

Ann154, thanks for the info...but then how or when does Verizon sync email address changes from the MyVerizon account to the community forums account?  I changed mine this morning and the community still shows the old one.  Does it ever get updated, or is it stuck forever at the first address used in the forums?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Vzwarlington, I know that it can be frustrating dealing with website updates. Now that you have updated your My Verizon account's email do you see the option to edit the email on the forum site?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Linked accounts can't be edited by users; see   Re: How do I change my community account's e-mail address?

mrsklc

Have not updated My Verizon account email address....it has the correct one!!!

What is so hard to understand??? I want to change my email address on my Forums profile. There is NO WAY to do that!

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

danw_vzw -- please assist mrsklc  with their forum e-mail address; thanks.